dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Circling text

hi,

I want to make a circle with text around the border. So the text is actually a circle. Does anybody know how to create such text?

It's difficult to explain, I hope somebody understands what i mean.

thanx!

Well it is not difficult but time consuming process.

You will have to write each character seperately. Draw a circle and drag guidelines exactly at the center of the circle. Place your character just above the circle. Now select the character and drag its center of tranformation to the center of circle. Copy this character and use 'Paste in place' and rotate it. The character will rotate around the circle. edit this character and write the character u want. Do the same process for all the characters of your word/sentence.

I hope this is helpful.

have you tried to put your text on circle example in freehand and then expor it from there as .swf?

thanx a lot guys.....I'm glad you understood what I meant....i'll give it a try!!!!

Originally posted by martiansam
    Well it is not difficult but time consuming process.

You will have to write each character seperately. Draw a circle and drag guidelines exactly at the center of the circle. Place your character just above the circle. Now select the character and drag its center of tranformation to the center of circle. Copy this character and use 'Paste in place' and rotate it. The character will rotate around the circle. edit this character and write the character u want. Do the same process for all the characters of your word/sentence.

I hope this is helpful.
    i just have my friend trigonometry do it all for me!