A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Importing Images in Flash/ Scrolling

Hey there! I got 2 questions...maybe someone can help me!

First, I am creating a website in Flash5. On the news page I have a dynamic Text section. I import the Text from a news.txt file, so i dont have to change the swf every time i change the new.
    Now i thought i would be a great Idea, if i could import a image from a image/Html file for my newspage. I would be much easier for me to update like this.. But i dont know how. I though about importing it as a swf Movie, but this doesn´t work because i use the "load movie" command for my sound menu...any other ideas?

Second, I saw a great FX on the alanis page "www.alanis.com"
    They use startic background images for the different pages and when you press the navigation buttons the images scroll from left to right and back....i have now idea how the do this....any help there?

Thanx in advance!!

first question ...

you can do as many load movie as you want... so you can load you image as a swf there is no other way in flash 5.

Second question ...

There is plenny fla file here in the movie section that could help you do this effect..

Thankx, but..

Thanks for the first...but i use the "unload movies" command for the "mute sound button", afaik this will unload the picture too...or?

Second:
    I did not find the right file in the movie section..any help there?

Thanx agaiN!