A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fading

Cow Icon

I am wanting to put a bunch of pictures on my site, and I would like to fade them in before I move/rotate/etc... them. Any suggestions?

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

I would suggest using a simple tween and the Effects panel. Since I don't know how your site is being made and I don't know how it functions, try being a little more specific.

Create new graphic symbols in your library, and import your pictures into the graphic symbols. This way you can easily control them. Fade them in as you would any other symbol. Or, you can cover them with a block the same color as the background, and fade THAT out, slowly revealing whatever's behind it.

Thanks

Thanks, that was what I needed to know! YOU ROCK!

Convert (to symbol) each of the pictures to graphics or movieclips, each on a different layer of the timeline. On each individual layer insert a new keyframe, say, 30 frames on. Go back to the 1st frame of each layer, individually and select the converted picture. Goto window>panels>effect. With this panel, in the pulldown menu select alpha and reduce it to 0%. Then select the first frame of the relevant layer and insert>create tween motion. If you then pay through that layer, you'll see the picture fade in. Repeat with each different picture, remembering to have each on a different layer. Oh, and adjust the events in your timeline to meet your needs.