A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

subscriby

Re: umm

Originally posted by Fantasy Interfaces

umm, your fired I hear?
    hehe, do you mind if i ask where you heard that?

mike chambers

mesh@macromedia.com

Originally posted by C4_Tom
    Would it be worth making it available to us, however not officially release it to the public yet. That way you'll get a lot of people testing the issues that concern them and if there are any bugs, we'll probably find them.
    tom,

i'll bring this up. i am guessing that we won't be able to just because it takes a decent amount of time to make it avaliable to the public. regardless though i will look into it.

btw, can you send you email address to me? i had a little trouble finding it.

mike chambers

mesh@macromedia.com

caithness massiv

[OT]

i just want to say THANKS to mike c for keeping us informed

it's comforting to know that MM values the entire community

what most people don't realize is that mike c is EVERYWHERE on all sorts of boards keeping us up to date... whether it's the beta boards, here at FK, flashcoders, were-here, etc etc he's there doing his job as best he can

Aquarium drinker
    Greater than 45 degrees in Minkowski space
    Just picked this up from another thread:

Originally posted by Blacksting
    I have noticed that Download Accellerator treats dynamically loaded MP3's as a download option, and thus pops open it's dialog and does not stream the sound. I am wondering if this happens with any other download helping plugins or just this one. By disabling the MP3 extension in Download Accellerator the problem is solved but I havent noticed it popping up on every site, just seemed to notice it when I was checking my own. I also read another thread ,I can't recall the subject, that also mentioned a dynamically loaded sound prompting a save dialog. Could it be a certain code issue that prompts DA to kick in?
    Thought we might investigate that.

Subscribin'

flashing since v3
    suscribed

Master Poo Flinger

subscribing too...

yay

Re: subscribing too...

Ditto

I do feel that this is either 1. A Huge oversite, or 2. Something they cold not fix in time. It is a same that it was released with such a large security hole. Anyone thinking that this is not a security hole should think again.

However, with an issue as large as this, I do think it will be fixed, and soon. I am wishing.

On a final note, Maybe John D from Macromedia, that visits the Adobe U2U forums should stop by and answer for Mike, as Mike has clearly shown the inability to take the time and provide a solid answer to a good question.

I hope to see a fix soon...

Personally, I think Mike has done a pretty good job, sure, he made a mistake at first but since then he has done his job well and kept us all informed.

Understood and agree. But I could not simply stop laughing with that first post. I was a Tech Super for over two years. Anyone in my devision that gave an answer like that would be missing a HUGE chunk from there buttox in a matter of seconds!

You can never support some one by leading off with the wrong foot. It just simply leaves a bad taste in your mouth. The reason I offered John D as some one to provide a better response is, I have seen John take the time, to answer even the most STUPID questions asked. The only issues where I have seen John be, so to say, off beat, is when he is "Attacked".

I did not see the initial question, as an attack, but some one taking the time to report an issue, only to which, he received a minor slap in the face.

Again, however, you are correct, reading all of Mikes posts, he has made ammends. I just still have the taste of "Foot" in my mouth is all.

Best Wishes

Actkid
    Yea mikey is really doin good job...but all of we waiting for new extream full functionally woking flash mx player.

So mike keep it up...and update us regularly.

Best Of Luck...macromedia team for new player.

Re: umm

Originally posted by Fantasy Interfaces
    Originally posted by MikeChambers
    Originally posted by C4_Tom

Macromedia have now got big problems.
    Say my small flash site loads in a 50MB swf, goodbye bandwidth! Hello very frustrated user.
    umm, don't write a flash movies that loads a 50mb SWF file?

mike chambers

mesh@macromedia.com
    umm, your fired I hear?
    that was not so funny - i think someones job is something
    really important - and everybody makes mistakes, some mistakes can be seen everywhere, some not.

stay object-oriented.

Hi people.

First of all, me too I want to let Mike C know that I think he´s doing a good job!
    Keep it up!

I know what it means to debug code, so I don´t envy you and your co-workers ;-)

My question is:

Does the streaming issue affect also the new Video Streaming Features of Flash MX or only mp3 and other .swf s?

cheers
    chris

I don't think you can stream in video files directly, they have to be inside a swf. So in that respect yes, the issue affects video too

Actkid

Post huh..anybody heard about this.

I heard from somebody there macromedia is goin for SALSA which one is integrated solution for the live video with flash mx...is it true MIKE !!!

Hi,

A quick query: We have just finished a mini-streaming-mp3 player for one of our sites. Just doing the standard flash-detection error and 'go download player' page.

I was wondering: would it be possible to link to a specific page at MM to download the v5 player instead of the v6 player?

It would be very embarrassing if someone didn't have Flash, installed the v6 player and then their whole machine died about 1/2 later after selecting a few songs, don't you think?

I have a feeling the answer is 'no' but thought it might be worth asking...

thx - n.

flashing since v3
    i didnt think this bug would affect me, but it has...

im building a website where the main preloader is meant to preload the spikes of external movies, 3 infact...

they are only small movies (60K) but i only want to download the spikes so the whole site will stream perfectly on a 28Kb modem.....

so even tho the movies are small, this is still an issue....

--> Downloading Flash 5 Player

That´s a very good idea!
    I would recommend my customers to download the Flash 5 Player if necessary. (until 6 fixed)

It should be possible!
    After all we (the people making money with Flash Sites)
    have paid for this product and we should be granted support in that form until the Flash 6 Player will be fixed.
    And even then it should be possible to point the download to Flash 5 Player.

I would really appreciate to hear from Mike or somebody else from MM .

Thanks
    bye
    chris