A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Right mouse display menu

Hello,

I need to get rid of the right mouse display menu that appears when you "right mouse click" on flash movie embedded on an html page.

I found the checkbox when publishing but that still shows two items "About Flash" and "Setting"

I really need to get rid of Settings. Any suggestions?

All the MACR help says if you unclick the display menu in publsihin then all that shows up is "About"

Not so with the latest Plugin.

Thanks................Rob

Put this in your html, where the flash is called in.
    there are some other <param> brackets. Just pu it under on of them

<param name=menu value=false>

This was supposed to show up, but it did not
    put opening brackets in front and back < >

param name=menu value=false

I have that already, but that still leaves "About Flash" and "Settings" as choices. I need to get rid of "settings".

Thanks..........Rob

Flash-Menue

Hi,
    you can try this:

Stage.showMenu=false;

cheers

I spoke to MACR support and all the suggestions everyone has given does get rid of the right click menu except for "About MACR" and "Settings"

Unfortunately I need to get rid of settings.

Thanks...............Rob

Orange, Fuzzy, with spots Cakkafracle's Avatar
    hey man, I believe the idea behind the Settings option is so that the end user can control what the swf uses on their system

I don't think I like the idea of the flash creator TELLING me I HAVE to use my microphone and camera if they're plugged in

it's a courtesy thing I believe

I am all for the end user being able to control their settings but this it the situation:

My client is the largest retail brokerage firm in the country and we talked them into adding the Flash plugin to their workstations at the branches. They are testing flash on a few workstations before the 25,000 user rollout. They showed concern that one of their employees could make changes with the settings options.

Probably not a big deal to be able to use this settings option but I don't want it to be a deal breaker.

I just wich MACR made it possible to leave it out.

Thanks....Rob

Orange, Fuzzy, with spots Cakkafracle's Avatar
    oh jeez, ya man i know what you mean...

what exactly can they change besides mic/video settings? or is that the issue?

this is a good question, MM should make the FPlayer aware of calls to the new mic/video aettings and NOT include settings if there are none called....