A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: !!!SOUND HELP PLEASE!!!!

Arrow

Okay, I am SOOOO frustrated. I have a "simple" slide show that is made up of 2 scenes, an Intro and then the main slideshow. Both have their own separate music. The Intro has an option to skip the intro and go right to the slideshow. Herein lies the problem. If the user skips the intro, the intro music keeps right on playing, right over top of the slideshow music!

So, being smart I put on the skip intro button a "stop all sounds" action. The problem being with that is that the music will not start on the slideshow! Not unless the user goes forward once, then back - then the music plays!?!?!?!?

Arrrrgggghhhh....is there a way to set it on my slideshow to "play all sounds" when the first frame loads???? I know I am probably overlooking something stupid.....

Thanks for your help!

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    what do you mean that when the users goes "forward" then "back" the music in the second scene then plays?///explain that one for us pal so we can help...

Arrow Reclarification on Sound Help Needed....

Sorry.

1) I am a "Miss" not a "Pal"

2) The product I am using is Flash 5.

3) The slideshow is user directed. There is a next button and a previous button. To access the next screen in the slideshow (it's actually a tour) the user hits the next button, which moves them forward one frame and plays the MC in that frame.

The problem I was having was that the sound from the Introductory scene continued playing into the "slideshow" scene. I used "stop all sounds" and it did the trick, EXCEPT, when you went to the slideshow scene the music for that scene would not trigger unless you went forward one frame, then back to the previous frame.

I believe I have received an answer to this question, which I am about to see if it will work. The suggestion was to have the music start in frame2 instead of frame1 b/c the stop all sounds action would apply to frame1. So we'll see if that works. If you have another suggestion that might apply I would like to hear it as well.

I have always found that knowing more than 1 solution to a problem comes in quite handy.

Does that clarify things for you Sir or Miss?

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    Well Miss, your point wasn't that delineated to be deemed clarified, but on first blush I would say that your not making the frames with all these action keyframes...maybe you are on some of them but it's possible not on all of them...I had that prob b4 , and it was because I didn't make all the frames keyframes although I inserted certain actions ...or maybe your actionscripts are constructed correctly...thus, the problem is the scripting...no where else..

anyway, you should post the codes to your buttons, briefly describe the actionscripts, or send the fla. to someone who may know what he or she is doing...I'll scan it for you and send it back, either fixed or with suggestions...

Flamboyant Flasher>---a ruggedly handsome male--->
    [Edited by Flamboyant Flasher on 03-30-2002 at 05:28 AM]