A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: So how'd they do it??

So how do they do it?

I've been seeing these types of design techniques for quite some time now and am really curious as to how they are developed. It seems that they are using some 3D application with complex paths imported from Illustrator/Freehand (that's my guess).

Could someone please tell me what application and/or plugin was used. Here is one example of what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance!

http://www.customize.org/details/7885

soopafly, I have always wondered the same thing. I have swift3d, illustrator 10 flash 5 swish2 director8 photoshop 6 paintshop pro 7 fireworks freehand and bryce 5 on my computer (yes all legal) and i can tell you that if it is one of those programs I don't know how.

~!/

I'm pretty sure that they used photoshop for it, and maybe a 3d program (lightwave, 3dsmax, maya etc..) you just make a basic shape, airbrush it, or filter it to give it the rounded look, and then just make a whole bunch of layers with different shapes on it and set the layers to have various opacities. And for the white part, they could of just added some white layers on top of the ones with opacities. The little button things are probably just built into the shapes, or are on a layer of their own.

I could be completely wrong, but its a start.

P.S. It's not how many programs you have, its how you use em

Here's some more for you guys to ponder upon.

Click here

^

^bump...=)

Originally posted by cyberdude_9
    I'm pretty sure that they used photoshop for it, and maybe a 3d program (lightwave, 3dsmax, maya etc..) you just make a basic shape, airbrush it, or filter it to give it the rounded look, and then just make a whole bunch of layers with different shapes on it and set the layers to have various opacities. And for the white part, they could of just added some white layers on top of the ones with opacities. The little button things are probably just built into the shapes, or are on a layer of their own.

I could be completely wrong, but its a start.

P.S. It's not how many programs you have, its how you use em

I have to agree. I am sure this was done mostly in Photoshop with maybe some eye candy and lightwave to touch it up. I think something like this is accomplished by acquiring tremendous amounts of skill in one or two programs.