dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Edit profile hassles!

mentally unstable member smayer72's Avatar
    Hi guys. I cannot make any changes to my user profile and it is really beginning to bug me. Every time I hit the submit modifications button I get the following response.

There is already a member with that email address, and the administrator has required that all users must have unique email addresses. If you already have a username and have forgotten your password, please click here.

Any way this can be fixed??

Thanks
    Scott
    (Australia)

do or did you have a different account with the same e-mail address before??

No I did not make a new account. I just pressed PROFILE at the top right and logged in to edit my profile. It just won't accept the changes.

Scott
    (Australia)

no, I mean, is, did you ever sign up to flashkit with a different name, but the same e-mail?

Unemployed
    Yep, the problem is that another member exists with the same email address. Have you ever registered under another user name but with the same email addy?

You should email webmaster@flashkit.com with the description you gave above and ask him to tell you which member out there has the email address you have got in your profile. John will be able to sort it out from there for you. The other fix would be to change the email address in your profile but you probably don't want to do that.

ps where in aus?

Guys
    I am pretty sure I have only ever registered with this user name (never had reason to change) so I don't see how my email addy could be under another user name at all.

Scott
    (Australia)

Jezza: I am in Newcastle (Go the Knights!!!!)

Scott
    (Australia)

What are you trying to change?

Asheep: Am just rrying to add a few things such as a signature, yahoo messenger ID, things like that. Would be nice to be able to.

Scott
    (Australia)