dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: correct font not showing

Hybrid View

hello,

i was told by someone on this board that i can use a particular font in my flash project and it will show correctly on someones machine whether they have that particular font installed or not. this does not appear to be the case. i have a movie that uses the (i believe) standard_07_65 font or something similar. it appears just fine on my machine ((*i have this font to be displayed in a dynamic text box (it's the preloader digits for http://www.smoothsurface.com)). now when i look at my movie on a machine that doesn't have these fonts installed, it looks like crap. is there a way around this if i want to use this particular font?

Probably, your font isn't embed.
    Did you mark the button 'embed fonts' on your panel 'text options-dynamic text? It looks like '[...]'. This button you must mark if you want to include all the characters of the font. If you only need the%-character and all the numbers, it's better to mark only '()!' and '123'.

hope this helps.

This is a pixel font - is your movie set to resize in a browser? If so it may well look bad when it is resized.

Cheers,

Flick

thanks everyone...the movie is a fixed width placed in a table the same dimensions. i'll check the "embed font" box and see the results i get...