A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash full screen....how do i do it?

I made my flash movie the default size 550(w)X400(h), but when i use dreamweaver to embed it into a html page i want it to expand to the full browser window size instead of staying at the 550X400 dimensions....

for example: if someone is viewing the flash at 800X600 i want the flash movie to display at that size. i want it to fit the full browser window size.

can anyone please help me?

To get the movie to resize with the browser, set the width and height parameters of the Flash object (in the HTML) to 100%. This will cause it to resize with the browser, regardless of screen resolution.

Keep in mind, however, that this will also cause any imported images to get crunchy and pixelated.

Hope that helps,
    Rick

thanks....how simple! Geeeez, IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY!!

Red face

If you want to take out the browser, you can use a javascript to make the flash movie completely full screen.
    You have to remember to put a button on the page though that can close the window, otherwise it will really annoy
    the user. Hey it may annoy them any way but thats up to you.

If you want a javascript to do this then I'll post it for you.

hey choclate vanilla:

please post your javascript that creates a full screen.

thanxs!

This first bit put on the button that launches the page:

<a href="#" onClick="MyWindow=window.open('YOURPAGE.html','MyW indow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,stat us=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,fullsc reen=yes,left=0,top=0'); return false;">LAUNCH TEXT HERE</a>

For the no scrollbars bit to work you need to open a frame set as opposed to just the html page with the swf in.

The frameset should contain 2 frames.
    One of them should be 100% of the screen. This is the one where the source should be the html page with the swf in. If you do not this you will end up with a full screen page but still with the scroll bar on the side. It looks a bit crap like that.

To close the window create a new html page, called close.html or something like that, with the following in:

<BODY ONLOAD="top.close()">

Just link to this page from the flash movie using a getURL and it will close the window as soon as it loads.

It's probably a good idea to give the user the choice of opening site as a pop up or full screen.

Hope that helps, if any further explanantion is needed no problem.