dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Titles/Avatars

This post is a kind of reminder to our great Mr Starkey to change my title.

I am sure that Mr Starkey is very busy, as any webmaster would be, updating and maintaing the site.

Don't you think it would be a good idea to edit the boards as such that after 500 posts, you can edit your own title in the Profile screen, same thing with the avartar after 1000 posts. Make it as controllable as your footer.

Just a thought, it would save Mr Starkey a lot of time...

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    It would be nice, but I think that some people may abuse this and put up an image or title which may offend someone. Admittidly this is the same as someone posting a message which may be deemed unsuitable, but...

I feel the same, it took over a month to get my avatar changed.

When I got to 500, I asked for my title to be changed and it happend within 12 hours which I was quite happy about, and I thought that everybody was just jokeing about the delay.

I think you are right about abusing it, but remember that you can post anything untill a Mod finds it, so really you could only abuse it as much as posting!

But a good point you raised there.

Civilian
    The difference with the avs though, is that I have to change the av if someone abuses it. Our mods take care of 90% of the abuse messages.

mabbacuda, I looked in my FK avs/titles box and see that you sent your av to me on the 14th of March. That's 2 weeks ago. Avs are a not a top priority. One benefit of the CL% thing is, I can take care of the very low % people first. But making them all a high priority is going to take away from the other 90% of the site.

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    The one on the 14thMarch was the 2nd time I sent it, the first one was before, although admiditly I may have sent it to the wrong place so my appologies...