A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems playing Flash CD on older computer

Unfortunately there is not much literature regarding creating Flash movies on CD, most is for the web. Today's question is that I have produce a CD using Flash Player. I have tried to run this on a older (6 year) PC. I know that this CD runs on newer computers and I have created a CD before using a projector and it ran fine on the older machine. I have also created a Flash web site last year and tested it on this computer and also it ran slow, it could be viewed. My most recent CD produced with a Flash Player doesn't work. A message comes up saying that "name.swf is not a Win 32 application". Does this mean the computer is too old to run the CD?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You need to make it an exe or it wont work. Right now as a swf it has to have the player installed on the machine. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>