dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: COOL SITES - TIME WASTERS!!!

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    I'm browsing the cool sites, trying to keep up to date with things and all I see is self promotion of sites that are clearly not ready for what is meant to be a source of inspiration.

Anyway I just want to request that moderators delete these threads instead of just closing them, this will result in a much clearer board and less sifting through the rubbish to get to the good stuff.

Correct me if i'm wrong and if this is being done.

cheers

Nevil
    http://www.theory7.com

I know what you mean. Why should they just be closed, they are in the wrong place! I usualy just ignore them, or if it is a cross post then I say everybody goto the other one.

You can't realy blame newbies who arn't sure about all this, but others you can.

I think those 4 forums are going to be moved around, because 3 of them all do the same kind of thing, so hopefully, it will make more sense.

Originally posted by nevil
    I'm browsing the cool sites, trying to keep up to date with things and all I see is self promotion of sites that are clearly not ready for what is meant to be a source of inspiration.

Anyway I just want to request that moderators delete these threads instead of just closing them, this will result in a much clearer board and less sifting through the rubbish to get to the good stuff.

Correct me if i'm wrong and if this is being done.

cheers

Nevil
    http://www.theory7.com
    As I believe Aversion stated in another thread about this, it is better to close them so those newbies know what not to do in the boards.

Newbies almost never learn though.

Seems to be a problem in all forums that have "cool sites". Moving the threads to the correct forum appears to be a good option.

Therefore, self promo would be moved into sitecheck.