dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone seen an animation app written in flash?

I'm looking for examples of animation programs written completely in flash. Even simple ones--just looking for multiple layers, retiming, sound syncing, onion skinning, image import, sound import, etc.

Can all this be done in flash? Flash MX?

Thanks!

Senior Front End Developper
    most of animation done in Flash use those technique.
    Look around. There probably over 10 millions of theses applications on the web !!! :-)

yeah, but I'm not looking for flash that uses those techniques. I'm looking for a flash app that acts as an animation studio. Like a simple toonboomstudio app, but not written in C or anything like that, but in flash. Kind of a flash animation that can make flash animations.

I think South Park had something written in flash that let you make your own episode from canned characters, bgs, and sounds, but I can't find it anymore.

I jsut finished building a Flash presentation app that builds itself depending on an XML file that it reads in.

Number of slides, section names, slide names, slide content and slide images are all defined in the XML file, and the presentation just builds itself.

I would be happy to share some of the code, let me know if u are interested and i'll post it.

You mean animation authoring apps ?

Yes - it can be done in MX - but requires a back-end server to do things like sound import, and to generate the final SWF.

I know of a couple of groups building such things with MX - but whether they will want to make them commercially available (rather than as in-house tools) I (and they) don't know yet.

I'm personally trying to re-implement Visio using MX - and might add some simple animation tools to that.

Expect to see a lot of interesting apps using the Flash 6 player as a front-end

Originally posted by kidwhiz
    I'm looking for examples of animation programs written completely in flash. Even simple ones--just looking for multiple layers, retiming, sound syncing, onion skinning, image import, sound import, etc.

Can all this be done in flash? Flash MX?

Thanks!
    are you asking for something like this:

http://www.flashcan.com/animator/

d.

Originally posted by dlowe93

are you asking for something like this:

http://www.flashcan.com/animator/

d. [/B]
    yes! I just found that site and have been playing with the movie making tool for the past hour. Any more?