A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Version Control with Flash MX

It appears that flash 6 allows multiple users open the same files if you are on the network. This sux... esspecialy for big companies if somebody wants to do changes on a particular file, you have to somehow protect it so that nobody else can edit it while you have it open. My strategy is renaming file to NAME.USERNAME and then work on it... while exporting it with the same name... It was a lot easier with flash 5 though, it simply did not allow opening files for more then one user. Anybody knows how to enable it in flash mx ? or any other good ideas on that ?

thanks

hi,

i just finished a project building a flash application with 3 other people....we used Microsoft Visual SoourceSafe to deal with this problem.....it works great.....no problems opening the same file....check it out...

tried that too, but SS stores a whole new version of the .FLA instead of the mere differences as with text-based source code.

Any experiences on what happen with a very full SS-database?

/FF

ok,see your point....i have no experience with a very full database....we had 43 different movies in it....and we didn't encounter any problems....