A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Keeping the size of a jpg in 800 or 1024 res

I am building a projector file that clients will use on their computers that is generally an instructional app. I will be using screenshots from the program that they will be learing on. If I take the screen shot in 1024 res and then convert it to a jpg in Photoshop, import it into Flash, the size is much smaller. And when I view the projector in a different res like 800 the image is squished. Is there a way to first import the image into flash keeping the size and second a way to use one size of res screenshots that will not be distorted if the client is using a different screen res?

As far as the pic not comming in at the right size... somewhere in your prefrences you have it set to import pics at a certain file size and I think that resizes it. But you can just resizes it to the exact dementions you had it as in photoshop by using the properties inspector. For the problem of the squish... Try taking the screenshot at 800x600 then have the project go full screen. This way they will always see it at the right size. Or you can break the image apart or use trace bitmap. Play around with those 2 functions. If you have specific questions just post them.

Check under mofify movie and make sure you have selected
    match contents not printer if this setting even still exists

Thanks guys! I will try both ideas and let you know!

Flash Ghost