A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bet most of you aren't as good as a 13 year old...

Senior member? I'm 14!
    Haha, well lets see...

http://www.geocities.com/phasedesign2002/

..well what you think?

Pretty sweet huh? What you all think. Layout cool, design, color, theme, and all that. Thanks for checking it...

imagination through stupidity
    its getting better..

Senior member? I'm 14!
    Ok, whatever. How about some helpful critizism...

hmm - i may not be the world's greatest flasher - but I like that text of mine that is meant to be read is legible (re: ur footer :P)

Main site crit: Some of the text is a little difficult to read...I think the font that says Welcome/Examples/NEWS/Site of the week/auxiliaryWEB is probably a poor choice...

You have either used and not embedded a font i dont have (which is making it unclear) or the font used just doesnt turn out well published like that...

colour/layout is well concieved...will the examples eventually be clickable???

also - i really dislike ur entry page...

that graphic dont look right there...
    If ur gonna have an entry page, usually try to center the graphics if small buttons like that - and it just is wrong with that black bground...

maybe have that swirl and text on a flat bluish bground which could blend into a bluish page background?

13... and go away

You little kids should concentrate more on your school work than on trying to become "website designers", because at the rate you're going, you'll never make it. Stop trying to pass yourself off as someone you aren't. I dont care how old you are, your site is garbage. I have seen better work done by 12 year olds. Get through middle-school, get through high-school, and then get a job in something like medical sciences; anything that doesn't require artistic ability, since you are obviously lacking in that department.

Go set up a lemonade stand, you'll make more money.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hello,
    ok, heres what I say:
    Good job for a youngster, but remember that age is only a state of mind. I could weld, create custom woodwork and drive by the time I was 10, it doesnt make me better or worse, just different. Use your age as an advantage and learn all you can. Get into backend scripting: SQL, PHP, ASP, VB. Look into image programs like adobe photoshop and incorporate more depth into your sites.

And most important, at least to me is: attention to detail.
    Quality comes with practice and attention to the fine points.

A stone or wood sculptor may look at a piece of wood or stone for days, weeks, months before they ever even get out their tools. They have an idea of what they want before the first hammer strike.

Sorry Im just rambling..

Like the links buttons, nice touch.

Should consider a mail form for the contact. Spawning the local email is annoying not to mention it will not work with people using public computers.

Overall color: Dont like it. Very drab, maybe a cooler blue (something richer, darker, less milky)

Fonts: Mis-matched and hard to read. To light and/or to blobbed or fuzzy.

I take it the site is not operational because no links or buttons worked.

Nice try, keep up the good work and be cool.

pathfndr
    a.k.a - Romeo - 3primates - Neros_Rome - not to mention
    butthead...lol

Senior member? I'm 14!
    Well, considerably, thank you for that critique. I didn't mind any except for JasonIR. Pu.. man I get straight A's, probably have more friends then you do, and, sence I havn't seen your work yet, may be a better flash designer. Maybe you should help people rather than rag on someone you have no fricken clue about. You p me off! ARRR. All right. I'm going to try ro revise the site and see if it is still good to work on. Thanks... Anyone else?

Think you both need to chill...

Mapes...Ur subject sounded like a snotty little 13yo, but I Knew you meant no harm...

Jason...Take it ez...he's 13, you gotta expect that crap

OOOOh. The friends insult. That one takes me back. I'm so hurt. I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight unless you apologize. If you pay me 60 bucks an hour I'll go around posting tips and nice things, otherwise, I'll do as I see fit. People don't have to go around being nice to you just because you are young and naive.

Proton, I understand what you mean, but this happens every week now.
    [Edited by JasonIR on 04-06-2002 at 01:18 AM]

Senior member? I'm 14!
    Ok, and what makes it right for you to go around and yell at people who are younger then you??? I'm com'n. How old are you anyways. You think you would have grown-up. I know I may have been a little irrational but I'm not the one who provoked me.

First off, I don't recall yelling at anyone. At no time did I raise my voice during posting these messages. Also, since I assume you are discussing the tone of my language, I did not use a single exclamation mark. At which point did I seem immature? For someone who can't construct a grammatically sound sentence, you sure are full of insults.

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    May I suggest just dropping it.

Maplethorpes:

You will recieve a more friendly response and better input if you are a little less, hmmmm, whats the word? Obnoxious.

I understand though, each to there own.
    Im giving you the benefit of the doubt right now, but if your posts remain grating and belittling to others I just wont bother to read them anymore.

And Jason: I dont agree with the tone either, but lets try and use this board for what it was designed and not throw gas on the fire and get a full blown flame war going on..:o)

Coolness,

< --// Monkey see monkey do //-- >

Senior member? I'm 14!

Re: 13... and go away

Originally posted by JasonIR
    You >>little kids<< should concentrate more on your school work than on trying to become "website designers", because at the rate you're going, >>you'll never make it<<. Stop trying to pass yourself off as someone you aren't. I dont care how old you are, >>your site is garbage<<. I have seen better work done >>by 12 year olds<<. Get through middle-school, get through high-school, and then >>get a job in something like medical sciences<<; anything that >>doesn't require artistic ability<<, since you are >>obviously lacking in that department<<.

Go set up a lemonade stand, you'll make more money.
    Hmmm... maybe something to think about before insulting some other >>little kid<< "with no artistict ability", huh?

I mean you may beable to imply these if your the best flash designer ever, but otherwise... please be more polite in whatever you are trying to say...

Sorry, what are you implying? And what are these triangle brackets supposed to mean?

I'll say it again: for someone who can't construct a grammatically sound sentence, you sure are full of insults.

"I mean you may beable to imply these if your the best flash designer ever, but otherwise... please be more polite in whatever you are trying to say..." I'm not implying anything. I’m outright stating that your site is "garbage". As for the politeness bit, how much more hypocritical can you possibly be?

Before you go around insulting people, make sure you have the whole English thing right.

hmmm

it's not a bad site, mayb eu could use some music or sound effects to spice it up a bit. Hmmmmm i see you spelled pacients the way i just did it. ...not sure if that's on purpose.
    So is that a team you're in? Or you're just refering to yourself in plural .... dunno just cause it's cool? ..
    So where's your home site? It says on the homepage that "you guys" are there temporarily? Where are you moving?
    hmmm also nothing seems to be working...it says on the website ..... "Some functions are not yet accessible yet"... may i ask which functions yet are accessible yet?
    Thanks,
    good work , keep it up

Levi

Post I would have to agree

Maplethorpes, I would have to agree with JasonIR. Frankly, I feel that this whole argument originated from your incredibly obnoxious topic name; "Bet most of you aren't as good as a 13 year old..." I find this very immature and extremely arrogant.

As stated by Jason, So what if your 13 or 74? Using your age to compromise for bad design or to compare talent at a young age is not right at all. (if that made enough sense).

Proton, I agree – He is only 13, and some are like this. Taking this into consideration, I care only to teach the young boy a lesson of life. Maybe the old saying: “You’ll attract bee’s better with honey than with tar” (or however it goes J) lol.

Hypocrite is right. Even if someone comes on a little strong, keep calm! Don’t get upset. Be the better man!! Keep cool, and settle it through calm words. Even if the other person doesn’t.

I think JasonIR reacted this way to your thread because he was upset by the attitude you portrayed through the name of your post. In the future (agreeing with 3PRIMATES), fewer obnoxious comments, and a few more polite ones. =-)

If you’re going to argue, LEARN HOW TO SPELL. The worst thing to do in an online argument is to spell something wrong. Ruins your status (lol). Why am I telling you this again?

Your conceited comment got you into this mess, and I suggest you drop the insults, rude comments, and any others that may not pertain to the original subject in hand. Start fresh. It has been settled JasonIR, so we need not go any further with the dispute.

You’re talented, however, if a businessman saw your post, or even your footer, he wouldn’t think much of you. I would suggest you remove you footer, and replace it with a more respectable one.

Just keep at it, but as Jason mentioned, don’t forget about school man!!

Take care,
    Irfaan

?
    I just want to say I was 13 once and some of you as well. Its all good he said what he said who cares just check his site leave some comments. By the way your site is not bad I have seen worse and this doesn’t even come close to the bad ones I have seen. I think everyone’s points are relevant except JasonIR that was just down right lame. JasonIR you shouldn’t tell people

I dont care how old you are, your site is garbage. I have seen better work done by 12 year olds. Get through middle-school, get through high-school, and then get a job in something like medical sciences; anything that doesn't require artistic ability, since you are obviously lacking in that department.
    when you yourself lack in the artistic department. That’s all I have to say.

Anyone else want to see JasonIR's site???

Frankly,
    the kid's got a decent design sense and he's moving in the right direction. At 30, I've been playing guitar for 19 years and if I were playing as good as this kid is creating at his age, I'd be a Flash Master now ...

Foster your talent and run with it Mapes ... keep working hard and explore all you can about Graphic Design/Layout/Illustration ... maybe think about majoring in Graphic Design at a magnet school like the Art Institute. You've definitely got some talent that is going to do nothing but get better as you gain more experience. Also, listen to what 3Primates said and make sure you put some time into some backend scripting like ASP, VB et. al.

I dig what you're doing ... but don't act cocky about it, be humble. It'll also get you more chicks ... heheheh. Humble works. Confidence does too, but only in selling a client.

Jason,
    I bet you've got really mean dogs, don't ya? And your kids, if you have any I'm sure will aspire to be the untalented freaks you'll make them think they are ... how about showing us some of your stuff. I'd be happy to show you mine, but it sucks as far as I'm concerned. At least I'm honest ... my sites are garbage, I have no talent and maybe I should have gotten my degree in pre-med ...

greg
    denton, tx

To move this thread in a more constructive direction:

-Relevantly: Please look at http://www.geocities.com/phasedesign2002/ and if you have something constructive to say, say it - and ignore the banter before this post (including the subject of the thread)

-Philosophically: Does anybody really lack artistic ability? Beyond realism, can artistry really be considered an ability...We are depicting emotions, feelings, opinions, desires, In art - there is no one way something is supposed to be...It's all in the eye of the creator, and If they feel they achieve what they want to through their art, then essentially they have...