A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with Flash player on Mac OS9.1

For some very strange reason, on the G4 cube I am usually working on, with Mac OS9.1, the installed flash player does not seem to stick.

When IE is shut down, or the computer is shut down, IE forgets it has the player 6 installed, and I have to re-install it to see MX content.

Anyone heard of this at all, or know a solution? These cubes are a real wonder being one of the worst designs ever, so I'm sure it is probably just this very buggy computer, but I dont know any solution.

Thanks

I use a G4 cube at work and I haven't been noticing any problems. Do you have a specific url you want me to check that has some new MX content?

blake

It has nothing to do with actual MX content. The content created on the cube works fine.

It is the actual flash player that is installed for IE on this specific computer. For some reason, IE forgets the player is installed whenever the computer is shut off, and I have to re-install it.

Doesnt really bother me if it is only a problem with this particular Mac. I just didnt want to be creating things that a lot of mac users would be viewing if they would have to re-install the flash player everytime they reboot their computer.

It is jsut a bug that I dont know how to fix.

Have you tried installing the shockwave player instead of the flashplayer? That's what I installed, so I haven't noticed any problems.

i think you need 9.2 for it to work. go for the free upgrade.

Originally posted by fpanko
    i think you need 9.2 for it to work. go for the free upgrade.
    Yea, that's what I'm running. Maybe that's the problem.