A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Text Fading !

Unhappy

This should be an easy one for you guys. Ok, can someone tell me how to get text to fade in from left to right? No I don't mean using Alpha to fade it in, or animation. The text should be static, but I've seen some neat effects where it just materializes from left to right and I've tried to recreate it using a black box (provided the background is black) sliding over the text, but it just doesn't work out. If you can help I would appreciate a quick eMail, thanks for any help,
    -Nate (syko - ldsyko@earthlink.net)

tried movies -> text effects -> fading text? text is scrolling up and down, but might be able to easily change left to right (or whatever).

------------------
    la'dsasha
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00001097.swf" quality=high WIDTH=250 HEIGHT=60 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sasha:
    tried movies -> text effects -> fading text? text is scrolling up and down, but might be able to easily change left to right (or whatever).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'm sorry but I can't find that anywhere in flash maybe you could point me to it? I have version 4.0 if that might make a difference.

its in the movies section of this page (so it wont be on your hard drive). if youre viewing this board in frames (i jumped out of the frame with netscape so it would load faster), you should see a link for movies. if not, go back to www.flashkit.com

------------------
    la'dsasha

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sasha:
    its in the movies section of this page (so it wont be on your hard drive). if youre viewing this board in frames (i jumped out of the frame with netscape so it would load faster), you should see a link for movies. if not, go back to www.flashkit.com

oh ok thanks!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>