dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic frame navigation

Lightbulb

http://www.dsvc.org/rough/index.html

Here is an example of what I'm trying to learn how to do. I understand the basic principle behind frames, but I don't know how to label a specific frame. Once this is done is it just a matter of making the target on a button the name of the specific frames?

Ps. I'm using MX not Flash 5

why?

I am not sure why you would want to do something like this.

Typically opening all of those extra browser windows is considered annoying by most internet users. The same thing can be done, all by loading external swf's into the original swf.

This seems to be way more complex than it needs to be.

And it's not actually frames. Frames open in a single browser window. This is a multiple window system and is probably controlled through the fs command or getURL(javascript: method of communicating with the browser.

If you wanted to do the same thing within a single browser window. (frames) You simply need to build a frameset, name each frame, and target that frame in a getURL command.

if you don't know how to create a frameset I suggest you look to the dreamweaver help pages or an online html tutorial.

Re: why?

Originally posted by tonylosey
    I am not sure why you would want to do something like this.
    thanks I'll look on some js sites. I want to do this for one simple reason. It's different and I'll make for some interesting affects/design research. And if it's arranged nicely it won't be an annoying popup that just gets in the way. A little experiementation never hurt anyone, especialy if you are a graphic designer.