A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Positioning objects relative to the background

I have imported a 30 frame animation. All of the elements that make up the animation are positioned correctly relative to themselves. They are not lined up relative to the back ground (the whole thing is to far to the right) How can I select all the groups in every frame and scoot them left all at once?

thank you

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Ok , make a movieclip by makeing a drawing , click the keyframe and press F8 choose mc and name it /test , click ok . Edit the new mc and then import the 30 frames animation into it . Go back to main stage and drag it aroud where you like it to be shown . Be sure to have frames all the way where you wanna have the animation in the main timeline of the movieclip .

See ? Guess so .

Take care.

What I do to keep the alignments correct is copy the layers that make up the site interface, graphics, all that stays in place on the main movie.
    Then, I paste that as one layer in every movie clip, and lock it down.

Then, when you create your movie clip animations, you can create them exactly as them should look in the movie.

Then, when it is the way you want it, delete the layer with the graphics so it is no longer in the MC.

I think also you are asking about positioning them on the main movie. use the outlines to do that, and drag it wherever it needs to go.

Hope this helps,

mg33