A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Large Amounts Of Text

How can I place large amounts of text that are bigger than the size of the flash movie? Im thinking of a text box that visitors can scroll down but I dont see this option available in 3D Flash Animator?

This should get you started on the right path:

http://www.deadyeti.com/into3dfa/movie_664.html

It's not part of the main site yet, but its on my list of things to do. I have several other new examples to get out as well, including a great game example by MrJoseph. If all goes well, I should have an update ready by Sunday.

Heres the address to the main site:

http://www.deadyeti.com/into3dfa

-Jason

Thanks for your help but I can't follow them instructions. I'm very new to the program. If I gave u the text, could u knock something up for me that I can then use as a model to do the hundreds of other pages of my site?

If you dl the movie file from that page, then you will have a very usable template, just change the text in the file itself to your text, keep in mind the scroll stops in the actions will need to reflect the location of the top and bottom of your text(as opposed to whats currently there).

-Jason

I downloaded it but 3D animator said it cannot create it

What version of the program are you using, if I remember correctly that was done in 3.4, so you should be able to open it with any version higher.

-Jason

I've only got 3.3

Originally posted by TonyWright
    I've only got 3.3
    Current Version is 3.51 I'd reccomend you download the newest version. Upgrades are free.

resolved How to make a fake Edit Box

Originally posted by TonyWright
    How can I place large amounts of text that are bigger than the size of the flash movie? Im thinking of a text box that visitors can scroll down but I dont see this option available in 3D Flash Animator?
    Hi! Tony
    As it says Jason and Bret tries to change of version.

I’ve partially made something similar to an edit box in 3DFA Ver 3.51, is my first approach.
    The process that I’ve made is to work with paint Object and Title Text
    I’ve managed to create a Library of symbols(Title Text+Clones), which means that I can use a symbol whenever is needed.

This works well, allows to introduce 10 lines of text, I’ve not even programmed all the keys available in KEYBOARD INPUT option, Are only available “a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x ,y,z”
    Enter and Apostrophe Keys.

Still there are no options for Editing.

Suggestions or commentaries for INSANE- DKERR
    Positions X / Y of the clones in preview are different in Browser (Please to review this)
    The Title Text must have an option or property to change of capital letter to small letter, Very important

In order to be able to create a routine for BACKSPACE, it would be required that., I don’t know of which another way could be made with the clones. All ideas or commentaries are welcomes.

1.)The clon must have a property to be able to erase it, perfectly.

2.)The Title Text must have a property to be able to change the color of the text. I know that brush.fill_color.etc, it would allow to make this but don’t work in Browser.

How it works what until the moment I’ve made?
    http://www.josephbrowndesigns.com/3d.../movie_60.html
    Writes any text when pressing to enter changes of line. One dot is placed.
    Or a phrase writes, when reaching the right edge automatically it changes of line
    After the fourth line of text a line is increased (Adjustable Edit Box) allowing a total of 10 lines of text .
    it is possible to be increased to which it is needed, I think

When presses submit it writes all the text-clones to arrays and after that turn them into a variable that later can be sent to the server.

Well... I wait for Ver 3.6

Joseph!