A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Embed fonts in actionscript

Hi all,

I create a dynamic textfield within actionscript,i need this textfield in a scrollpane later on. So i need to embed the font. But this doesn't work.....

It does work when i put a textfield on the stage,set it dynamic, and embed all characters....but when i do it all by actionscript it doesn't work....and i need to do it with actionscript....

So: when i embed text within my dynamic textfield created with actionscript it doesn't show the text at all.....can anyone give me a hand with this????

thanx a lot...

Aquarium drinker
    Greater than 45 degrees in Minkowski space
    If you're referring to the embedFonts property of the Textfield object, then for embedFonts = true to work, the font must have been embedded earlier in the movie. So what you need to do is place a textfield off-screen where you embed the font outline in the first frame, then embedFonts should work.

Hope this helps.

Patrick,

I tried that earlier but with no result....i now am busy with a workaround.....i just create the textfields in movieclips which i then duplicate......not pretty but it does the trick right now.....