dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX

I have been struggling with Flash for about 2 years now, on and off, and cant seem to get a handle on it. I started with Flash 4 just before Flash 5 came out. I fought with Flash 4, and then upgraded to 5. I have probably dozen or so books on it, and still it eludes me. Never before have I felt so thoroughly defeated by a software program. I have been told that Flash MX is easier to use than Flash 5. Should I upgrade, when I cannot seem to get past Flash 5 and money is extremely tight?

id stay with flash 5.. it seems easier to me, and it sounds like your having a lot of trouble with it. thats what i think

Arckid - Curving the Web
    kamyab ... r u indian ?

thread ....

i think u should wait till new full realease of mx comes ... i also used 4,5 and mx but not got trouble like you ... and never bought single book ...

madskool.wordpress.com brutfood's Avatar

Stick with Flash 5

Stick with Flash 5 until Macromedia iron out the bugs in Flash MX and the Flash 6 player. An application can only become easy to use if it behaves the way it should.

I rushed to buy Flash MX because of 1) Dynamic jpegs, 2) SharedObjects and 3) Compressed swf's - but I can't yet publish the fruits of my labours using these things because of a bug with shared libraries.

Daniel

aashu... im Iranian