A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: exporting from Illustrator

Can anyone give me any suggestions or tricks on how to export vector images from Illustrator (pick any version - I've tried 8, 9 and 10) to Flash without having them get distorted. Specifically, the lines get broken in funny places and the whole drawing ends up kind of messy looking and the stroke values all get thinner. Ofcourse, I am also exporting in .SWF format.

Thanks
    itsmymachine

SWF export is considerable better in V10 vua the SAVE FOR WEB--- but truth be told, you are always going to din yourself in toruble is you go back and edit in flash. I've played with the export from Illustratro and Corel DRAW X and found both to kind of suck.

All I can really urge you to do it:

1. Pretty much plan on whatever you bring in to be grouped or converted to a symbol ASAP.

2. Even is I use Illustrator to mock up a complete web page for flash, I then group the elements and separate them out so none touch each other and then export--then I brin gthem into flash and convert to symbols.

3. Often, Illustrators gradient are crap. SO If I know I am using a gradient in an object, I duplicate that object and fill with a solid color and set it off to the side. When I get it into flash I fill it with the gradient in flash and drop that object into my otherwise coplete uillustrtation.

Sorry I can't offer you better advise---the export really does suk!