A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stupid problem... whats wrong with my rollovers?

For some reason my roll overs for my buttons bug out and aren't working right... can someone take a look for me?

The .swf
    http://www.tones321.com/main.swf
    the .fla
    http://www.tones321.com/main.fla

Thanks!

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

The "hit" frame of your button symbol is what defines the active area of your button - ie the part that the mouse has to hit to activate your button.
    You need to refine your "hit" states,
    make it a keyframe and copy one of those tab graphics in there, making sure there is nothing else.

OK thought I didn't need that unless the effect was occurring outside of the graphic. Thanks!

This is driving me nuts... I totally redid the tabs... then I defined the hit area. It's still doing it. If you go from about me to education and back and forth it will work, then you mouseover about me and the movieclip for education plays. What the heck is going on?

Originally posted by TonyFL
    This is driving me nuts... I totally redid the tabs... then I defined the hit area. It's still doing it. If you go from about me to education and back and forth it will work, then you mouseover about me and the movieclip for education plays. What the heck is going on?
    It seems like the area you defined for the “over” in your button is too large. All I have to do is go about an inch above the letter U in the” about me” tab and the “education” button “over” is detected. The same goes for the “about me”. The rollover starts an inch above and to the left before I’m on the tab with my cursor. What ever you have defining your size area should be smaller.

Gerry