A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help with flash and Variable Fields....

I was looking at this technique to allow a company to create their own dynamic content for an interactive.

1. I would build a flash movie with variable text fields.

2. When complete the user would click a button that would execute the write of a .TXT file. I will try the FSCOMMAND, write procedure.

3. Then they would take the another "standardized" flash template movie that i built and the generated .TXT file and burn it onto a CD rom.

4. When you launch that CD and run the movie...the interactive would pull the dynamic info into place from the .TXT that was earlier generated.

--------------------------

So I would only have to build a template for this company...and the sales agent would have a tool "flash movie #1" to create a text file that will supply the dynamic info on the CD they burn for their clients.

This is a commercial property brokerage...and they want to use my template to show different properties. Obviously the names, prices, rate and such will be different from each CD they make and hand out to a potential purchaser.

So what i am really making is an "template interactive" and an "administration tool" so they can change the content.

Have not prototyped this yet...hence how I made it to your thread. I am obviously researching ways to get one flash movie "where variable fields have been filled out" to write to another source "storage of those variable, whether .TXT or such" and then allow them to burn a "closed CD" that will pull up all the generated dynamic info.

The trick here is - it has to be internet independent. So it can work on computers without internet connections...otherwise I would use PHP for all this.

Interesting to find out how my tests go...and I am hoping this thread will prove to be helful. If you have any ideas please post!

Thanks!

If you know php, you probally have familiarized with C.

Using C, you can compile a program (.exe), that writes things to a textfile.

I think you can make an .exe that supports parameters, such as "write.exe -file C:\myfile -text Your text", in that way you can use the flash exec() command to load the file and send the parameters.

There are a lot of shareware and free C++ compilers you can use. f.e: DEVC++ you can download from download.com.

If this is not possible, I don´t really know how to do it.

Good luck.

aX--.