A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: any advice on my new site?

I know this is rather boring for a flash6 site but I have many 56kers attending so I was trying to make it functional yet attractive. Some may consider it boring. Please comment on some ideas to enhance it if possible. Thanks.

I had to return to the old crappy html site because the client complained a couple people refused to adapt to Flash and because they were popular customers I had to remove the flash site. What a waste.
    [Edited by oldspice on 04-25-2002 at 10:09 AM]

hi there
    first off - well done for going for an original look !Its a good start - good base!

the navigation is simple and easy to use and all the content is in place!

Now that the site is functional, I would use any spare time to fine tune and experiment - Some subtle changes might make all the difference to how you feel at the moment (a little boring?) On the menu buttons, would look smoother with a 'rollon'/' rolloff' effect as opposed to just the OVER state of the button ... An area to explore!

I would look again at both the overall 'centering' of the site as well as within the sections - eg in the lotions section, the STAR MOLD soap is off center, the scroll on the right should be a 'wee' bit more to the left - just making it more 'in line' this is a simple thing, but should be taken care of all the same!

although the menu buttons have a background design, with the kind of fade effect - I think the fonts and colours make for a kind of 'olde' look, and with the dark green on the rollover, can seem a little jumpy/jaggy/messy - Would look at/play around with some simple subtle (and mellow) colour contrasts again with a smoother rollon/off effect!

anyway, so far so good, keep on postin!
    Cheers
    G
    ps could u take a look at my post
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=299253

thanks glasjazz for the constructive views. I plan to put my artistic talents into full motion here shortly(when college is out for summer). It took awhile to just figure out the basics of flash. My next version will blow this away. You are very talented. Very nice use of colors on all your sites. It is odd that your main site is not your best design. Your outside projects are fabulous. I really love the spinning buttons in the Chris Clark Jazz site. Very nice touch. I don't know, it just was very cool. Your works are fabulous. In a way, it is nice to see your main site not out do your customers sites. It makes me feel like you would build my site(if i were a customer) with greater care than your own. Obviously your site blows mine away...keep up the good work. You definately are in a groove...try to stretch your talents to the obscure outer realms would be the only additional comments I could make

nice on OldSpice!

working on a few ideas for my own site - got a couple of weeks of spare time, so messing around with some ideas - #i know what u mean about getting the basics down - when u've sussed out the techniques etc you WILL improve and the design will become easier to focus on!!! You're on the right tracks, so keep it up! Just added some loops and done a bit of tuning to my site at
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=299253
    You might have noticed - If you click any of the webdesign links on the client sites, they take you to my portfolio site as opposed to the site on the above thread

- anyway,

I think your site shows already that you're going to do well with it all ...

Cheers again and all the best
    G