dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: built the flash sdk then what ??

hello,

I have developed a media player that plays content of type mpeg1 and 2, now I want it to play flash also, so I downloaded the flash sdk and built it. But the skd does not seem to contain any functions to render the .swf file. Anyone of you know how to render the output given but the flash sdk like a movie??. I need functionallity like rewind, forward and pause (just like what windows media player can do with mpeg content). Thanx

regards,
    arun

The Flash SDK is for the SWF file format - not the Flash Player.

Macromedia does license the Flash Player source code (sorry don't know the link) - but only after a strict approval process which you are unlikely to pass (it's mostly for companies that are serious about porting the player to a new OS or hardware platform).

Your best best is to embed the Flash Player ActiveX control.

Originally posted by nmain
    The Flash SDK is for the SWF file format - not the Flash Player.

Macromedia does license the Flash Player source code (sorry don't know the link) - but only after a strict approval process which you are unlikely to pass (it's mostly for companies that are serious about porting the player to a new OS or hardware platform).

Your best best is to embed the Flash Player ActiveX control.

But how do I embed the Flash Player ActiveX control??. From VC++ I to to Add to projects tab, and then try to add from the registered components, the macromedia flash object. But it says it can't build class information since enough type information is not available.