A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: IN A FEW WORDS?

I just came by and I don't have the time to read through all the thread, can anybody tell me if the streeming haulting bug has been sorted out? (and what's about the download accelerator).
    Thanks!

flashing since v3
    the streaming bug hasnt been fixed... it seems mike chambers has been sitting on his ass.... he tells us its almost fixed and then he decides to blame it all on download accelerator when someone gives slight mention of it....

obviously he hasnt looked into the bug yet due to this exlamation... and is just looking for a scapegoat...

i dont mess about at work... mm should sort it out now like im expected to do for a buggy website

offdahook,

GET OVER IT.

The streaming bug is being worked on. A new version of the Flash player was released, which proves that this was near completion.

Unfortunately, it was not 100% corrected, so it was pulled. Expect a new release soon.

Mike Chambers is keeping everybody informed in the Streaming Issue thread, offdahook just doesn't seem to get it.

keyone, read the last two or three pages of the Streaming Issues thread for more information. I suggest you re-read it also offdahook.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=287626

flashing since v3
    well i did, but at a professional level, mm has let us down... some of make a living from this y'know

it can make or break us... the world's most important streaming multimedia content player...

broken!

Oh, and the download accelerator is a different issue.

Flash requests it's LoadMovie components through the Browser.

Download Accellerator, and GetRight hook into the browser. When Flash requests a .MP3 or .JPG they come into action and try to 'steal' the file.

This is their problem, because they shouldn't do this.

The only way to get around it (aside from forcing everybody to stop using these programs) is to not use filename that end in .jpg or .mp3.

rename them to something like .fpg or .fp3. That way these download enhancers will ignore them, and Flash doesn't care one way or the other.

Originally posted by offdahook
    well i did, but at a professional level, mm has let us down... some of make a living from this y'know

it can make or break us... the world's most important streaming multimedia content player...

broken!

Yeah, it's an annoyance to all of us. But they've been responding pretty quickly, and it's better to have a player that actually works than a half-assed solution (like 6.0.25.0).

Normally critical bug fixes in commercial software products take even longer to fix, but we don't hear about it until the patch is ready.

It's a waiting game, but it's not like Macromedia is just sitting around doing nothing.

flashing since v3
    im annoyed because mike almost tried to put the blame onto DA instead of the flash player for the streaming bug... meaning that he hasnt really been paying attention at all, unless there's been a mis-communication and someone has decided to post a download accelerator bug in the 'streaming issue' thread

this is the bad side!

What I think is the worse thing about it, is that this way, whenever we finish building a site for a client, we'll have to make a dispatcher that forces visitors to download at least the same player we used that worked with the site!

As one year ago many people didn't want to use flash content because it wasn't yet popular enough, now this will become a big problem if it goes on.
    I don't think users will want to download a new version of Flash player every past day...

Already lately I made dispatchers to allow only users with the first quite-well-working 6,0,21,0 player (you remember the scratchy 5,6,0,0 player? a bad fake - it was a kind of flashMX alpha player).