A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need mad help, I duno what it's called though

Hey,

I am new(sih) to flash, and got MX.. used HTML for a while, all for hibies.. not for a job or anything.

But I can't find how to make a flash site in pure flash.. I can do everything, except for getting it linked up right.

I looked at most of the sites you guys done and most are what I need, all I need to know is how I make the buttons work, how to get them to load the new information in the same browser space.. Within the flash site.

Like having a navigation and I want the content displayed beside it, but I can't figure out how to get the buttons to do that.

I can't find the help caause I don't know what it would be called.. so this is my last hope.. Can someone please tell me how to link them up to load the new stuff, and what I gotta do.

Thank you,
    IB

So basically you want to know "How to use Flash MX."

Flash MX has alot of tutorials and examples, that's how I learned to use Flash 5 on my own.

I know how to do everything except for that... can ya help me and tell me how?

IB

So basically you're a graphics guy and not a programmer. i am just the oppoisite. Well flash pretty much spoon feeds you. Actionscript is pretty easy once you start messing around. Throw us a bone here? What is it you need to do exactly and we can show ya?

PS> Where are you located?

Hey,

I think I found it, I wanted to know the script ya use to load a new scene of the movie when clicked, but I found out now I'm pretty sure.. I was looking in the wrong place.

It is easy, I feel dumb for asking in here now, haha.. Just something like on releage, goto and play Scene (#)

ha, thanks anyways...

Where is my location, you mean where I live?
    Canada

IB

Just takes some time to learn bro. It's not our intent to be condescending here at Flash Kit. In the contrary, Flash users are one of the most collectively supportive user groups out there. Try C++ sometime. Those mofos need to lighten up. Please let us know how we can assist you.

Hey,

Thanks, I been looking around and found a bunch of cool things on this site, will be back here more often and I will ask again if I need something. Maybe post a link to the site when I get it done.

IB