A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hello....Need help deciding on Swift 3D

Hello everyone,

I am new when it comes to the 3D arena and I want to start adding 3D stuff into my web and Flash designs etc. So far I am interested in Swift 3D, but since there is no trial version to download I need your expert advice.

Can you use Swift 3D in other ways, besides Flash? For Example, making raster or still images to export into Photoshop or Fireworks. I looked on at the features etc. and it looks like it will do it. Just to make sure.

Do you recommend this product?

Besides Swift 3D, I tried out Amorphium Pro. It can export in Flash Format. For the price it seem like you can do a lot with it. So far I like it and I am thinking about getting this. Anybody tried this program before? Do you reccomend this program?

Also, Discreet is coming out with a new product, due in the next few months called Plasma. It is used for the web and I think more. If anybody checks this out, please let me know what you think.

Thanks everyone for your time and assistance,

Jeff

Living on fortified coffee. Mike-Edwards's Avatar
    I've used 3d now for over a month and found it pretty easy to learn - you can't beat the built-in tutorial. I sent a check via snail mail and had the box within a week.

The manual is also very good - very easy to understand.

I've also have exported .eps files to Freehand for a bit of additional work, etc. Your work could be exported as Illustrator files, too. For the moment, it will not work with raster images at all. Strictly vector. You would have to do some conversion work.

You get a 30-day money back guarantee which is a good deal, too.

Good luck!
    Mike

Hello Mike,

I appreciate your input...much appreciated.

I have been researching heavily the past week or so and from the responses I received or seen and what I am needing to do, I might need to pass on Swift. I will probably wait a couple of months and see what this program Plasma by discreet is all about. Will see what happens.

Thank you again,

Jeff

Living on fortified coffee. Mike-Edwards's Avatar
    Glad to be of help, Jeff!
    Have a good one!

Mike

Thanks and you too.

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

If you've got the cash and don't mind waiting, Plasma will be worth it. It's becoming a major part of my arsenal.

good luck with your 3D Flash efforts!

Originally posted by theMatrix
    If you've got the cash and don't mind waiting, Plasma will be worth it. It's becoming a major part of my arsenal.

good luck with your 3D Flash efforts!
    Hello theMatrix,

Thank you...I am very interested in Plasma and I will definitely invest in it. As of right now I don't have the funds, but the good thing is by the time it comes out I should be able to. I guess to only know if this program is the bomb or not is to try it out. So can't wait until I can.

Thank you for your input....much appreciated.

Jeff