A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for volunteers...

It's funny seeing a member of a parasitic species trying to make something better that is far beyond help. LOL

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    Originally posted by henry38

Granted there are some brave countries that would brave the playground bully. The big bully allows this because he knows their efforts are feeble as they are weak themselves and whatever they do will not bring about any real change.

Any country that wants to can trade with cuba.
    And this Big Bully? Why would a Bully sometime Bully and sometimes not Bully?. Wouldn't the boogie man always through his weight around?. Considering how Improtant a trade partner Canada is with the U.S., wouldnt the Abominable Snowman just make canada stop?.

My argument is that US citizens and the American media should be more outspoken when when their government is bullying and proping up evil and corrupt governments in Africa and other parts of the world. American citizens like Evilmoose standing up and wanting to help show the rest of the world that there is hope for the USA after all
    Do you have examples? or is this like the whole cuba thing we just discussed.
    Personally I wish the U.S. would not trade with any country that does not have a representative government. Our trade and aid does indeed support corruption. But what is the alternative? what are the real solutions?
    Examples are like the USA destroyed Angola by its support for UNITA rebels. Removing Lumumba and putting Mobuto in his place to destroy Zaire, Rmoving the legitimate government in Ghana in the 1966 coup and leaving that country in shambles ever since. I could go on and talk about the US involvement with the perprators of the killing fields in Cambodia etc. Thats not the point though. The point is your government engages in evil deeds that wrecks many lives then walks away as if nothing happened. Its about time its citizens took notice and reigned the evil done in their name

Evilmose, how would your project accomplish the education of people living about life blindly and ignorant to the truth. It is good that you speak with so much concern, compassion and genuine interest in the well being of human beings. While I am not an American, I am grateful that you have the interest to make a difference. But I am confuse on how making a website that offers fonts is going to make a difference. Maybe I missunderstand and it is obvious you haven't really been given a chance to talk about your project. Defend your motivation and perhaps those who trully aren't listening can have a better understanding of what you're doing.

To add to your research, my fiance suggested something to me that made perfect sense on why we move about our world working in a boring routine job to make a living, when all we really need as human beings is a little food and air. We horde food because human beings have a fear for hunger. First because we fear the lack of food, we work to earn money to buy food. When we can aford food, we save money to buy a shelter where we can enjoy our food. Then we want a more comfortable shelter and earn more to achieve that.. then we need a car to get from our work where we earn more money for food and all the other endless lists of things we want when we get food. So this is how we get trapped into the cycle of selfishness and perpectual need for more.

There is nothing we can do about this. We can't make people stop working or stop desiring because it is human nature. We can only share our thoughts and hope that someday a person who is living life hording material things will begin to see that everything we desire is a result of fear. We fear discomfort, lack of food and death. It is through the understanding of our individual self that makes a difference. But for people who are not ready to hear, what you do will not make a difference but your genuine concern will in time eventually lead them to liberation. But we would first have to work on ourselves. Like you, I am full of selfish faults and will respond angrily if someone was making fun of my name, when I'm trying to make a point I genuiniely think will help them. And in my anger, I will forget my point and rant on about my dissapointment, leading me away from my original trial of thoughts to help. This is my defilement and I can only work on that because not only do fear make humans act the way they do, so do their emotions.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar

Examples are like the USA destroyed Angola by its support for UNITA rebels. Removing Lumumba and putting Mobuto in his place to destroy Zaire, Rmoving the legitimate government in Ghana in the 1966 coup and leaving that country in shambles ever since. I could go on and talk about the US involvement with the perprators of the killing fields in Cambodia etc. Thats not the point though. The point is your government engages in evil deeds that wrecks many lives then walks away as if nothing happened. Its about time its citizens took notice and reigned the evil done in their name
    I'm not going to say the U.S. Gov is without sin. (also remember the U.S. gov changes frequently). During the cold war and thug, murderer or criminal that was fighting a communist was a friend of ours. I think the best example is Usama Bin Laden. Cambodia has its own problems and would be the same with or without U.S. involvement. I would probably make that argument with all african nations.

Recently The U.S. in my opinion has had to big a heart, with to small of guts and brains.

THe worst thing the U.S. gov is doing right now is the war on drugs. THe war on drugs puts a 1700% markup on illegal drugs. THis money is funded into gangs and murders. No war on drugs and the plants that make them woudl be worth less than lettuce.

The U.S. does alot of very good things. And expects nothing for it. The U.S. give out over 7 billion dollars a year in humanitarian assitance. Not to mention all the research that is done within the united states that benefits the world.

The sad simple fact is that their is going to be a "big boy" on the block. Would you rather have China in those shoes? Being the "big boy" your damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Evilmoose has started something good.

All Americans should read Noam Chomsky.

Flash can change the world...And so can you.

Let go of vanity and beauty will flourish.
    Let go of ego and the spirit will soar.

I totally agree with evilmoose!

Evilmoose has a very valid point! The state of humanity is a terrible one and really needs to be changed! Before television and computers childern really learned in school! Now if it's not on the internet, on telivision, or in a video game, they don't know about it! It's sad really! Evilmoose has a right to have any user name he wants! A name does not reflect the person! I believe that people have choices, and what people choose matters. Daniel, as a friend and classmate, I will be happy to join your cause! I believe that the choices you are making now are a positive reflection on our generation and I am very proud of you! If there is anything you need, let me know! love, your friend, Skhi!

Re: What's up with you?

Mebeksis Heartrender
    45th season Iksar Monk
    Initiate of the Whistling Fists
    Warlords of Steel
    Bertoxxulous Server [/B][/QUOTE]
    BABY, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by neway
    Tell me the word "bible" or "god" isn't going to crop out of this - I have been waiting for it.

maybe you could tell us a bit more about how we can help, I am very particular to charity as life is relative and it matters not your standard of life to your emotional ups and downs.

Being why I have seen the happiest kids in the world waiting for two hours to fill a bowl with water from a dripping tap in the foothills of the Himalayas, and I see people in England on anti-depressants and having nervous breakdowns because they are not too happy with their job.

kind of makes you think who is worse off eh!!

please tell me you are not going to start preaching and I will feel much better.
    Well I have actually been waiting for someone else to make the connection. I am the last person to tell a person what to believe, but I do not mind expressing my own. I will tell you I don't beleive in religion. I believe in spiritually. I have seen spiritual christians, muslums, jews, budhists, antheists, pagans, and others who don't even lable themselves--like me.

About preaching, don't beleive in it. You can only teach someone about his/her life if you relate to that person's life. Throwing a book at someone that means nothing to that person won't work. Although there are many books that I belive can bring a person to spirituallity; some of them are works of fiction. A very good exaple of a fictional work is the work of Mercedes Lackey--it's a fantany novel(magic, etc.) for crying out loud!

I found myself in fiction, before I sought a religious book. Although now when I look back, I remember actually being deeply moved in church. I was raised in a church name Red Creek Missionary Babtist Church located near Wiggins, Mississippi (the middle of nowhere in the USA, to our foriegn friends).

I began looking into asian philosophy, especailly the Toa Te Ching by Loa Tzu. This was an influence of a man I call my master for he taught me philosophy and martial arts. The way he taught me philosphy was he played what we called at the time mind games on me. I latered learn his way of teaching is reflected in the Tao Te Ching. His form of martial arts he called Tae Chi. He taught me to meditate and draw chi. He taught me a few simple moves in a horse stance and many many pressure points. He also showed me movies on the life of Bruce Lee, some of the movies staring Bruce Lee, and some other martial art movies--my favorite of those is the original Iron Monkey. Ever since then I feel like Bruce Lee in the effect that I can watch and learn a style.

My next step was to look at my heritage I was especially interested in my so called native american backgroung. After learning that I decended from a cheif of a Chotaw tribe (don't know exactly who yet) I began to search for information on the internet. I eventially ran across a document about Ascention by the "Twin Shamans."

I eventually began look back at the religion in which I was raised. Sitting in a hotel was the Holy Bible. I began reading and I couldn't stop. This was after I had worked hard the day before. I only got 2 hours a sleep and I wasn't in the least bit tired. I worked the next day and the next without getting more than 3 hours of sleep each night, and never tiring. A preacher came to me, and due to what he said--which was very vague--I came to the conclusion to get babtized.

As soon as I returned home I told my grandmother and she was thrilled. She drove 80 miles to get me, and brought me to the same church I was raised in. I stood up and told those people about that day I was moved. I think I was about 6 or 7 years old and I sat on the pue with my family that I lived with at the time. A deep apin came over me follewed by over welming joy. Something told me to follow the preacher's words and stand before the church and confess. I began to weep, for I was afraid to do so. My mother looked at me and wondered why I was crying, but I dried up my tears and made some excuse. I beleive that I became saved, as the christians put it, on that day.

After being babtized in the church, I felt like a new person. I gained the strength to stand up for my convistions, and that what has me here today.

Like I said I don't believe in throwing a book at a person, a book that that person may not relate to. But what I do believe is that every person has a diffent path in life each working for the same goal, the service of humanity, love, the straight and narrow path to God. My grandmother is a God-fearing Christian and I concider her a saint. I would never tell her all my beliefs, for it is not hers to know. Most often a wise man holds his words than speaks them, for the purpose of a wise man is to protect innocence. Fate choose us all, but we must choose to know oursleves.

Excuse me if I nearly write a book on every post. I am a writer and a teacher, although not by profession. I have many Talents, although they may not be practical to you. Every part of me tells me to give my service with out asking for nothing in return, even though I can barely pay my bills. What goes around come around. I don't worry though, my greatest achievements in life I never planned.

I'm not going to say the U.S. Gov is without sin. (also remember the U.S. gov changes frequently). During the cold war and thug, murderer or criminal that was fighting a communist was a friend of ours. I think the best example is Usama Bin Laden. Cambodia has its own problems and would be the same with or without U.S. involvement. I would probably make that argument with all african nations.

Recently The U.S. in my opinion has had to big a heart, with to small of guts and brains.

THe worst thing the U.S. gov is doing right now is the war on drugs. THe war on drugs puts a 1700% markup on illegal drugs. THis money is funded into gangs and murders. No war on drugs and the plants that make them woudl be worth less than lettuce.

The U.S. does alot of very good things. And expects nothing for it. The U.S. give out over 7 billion dollars a year in humanitarian assitance. Not to mention all the research that is done within the united states that benefits the world.

The sad simple fact is that their is going to be a "big boy" on the block. Would you rather have China in those shoes? Being the "big boy" your damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Hmmm!!!! I guess we are speaking the same language after all. I am not being anti American but expressing how Americans like to bury their heads in the sand thinking that by doing so the worlds problems would go away. From your rhetoric I guess some of you are aware.
    Trust me, the idea of Muslims or communist ruling the world sends cold shivers down my spine.
    What was good about evilmoose's idea was that he was encouraging a serious debate on things that affected all of us and some of you (Americans) were being very lame and flippant about it . Where is the spirit that stopped your leaders when they were misbehaving in Vietnam? Surely don't tell us your leaders misbehave so often and so much that the American public find it hard to catch up or keep up with them, let alone protest.
    I believe we should seriously look at our lifestyles and our dealings with the rest of the world. If people hate Americans despite all this so called humanitarian assistance what really is gioing on? Where is America going wrong? Ameriacans lack of proper leadership is a threat to all lovers of freedom and democracy. It opens the door for everthing we don't want to come in.
    The UK ruled the world for 400 years and was never hated by anybody. They were so much loved that when they were threatened by their neighbours the rest of the world rushed to their assistance. Why does this not happen with the USA?
    The last time I saw the Big Playground Bully in action it was picking on this skinny fellow who had not had a proper meal in the last twenty years. As if that was not bad enough the Bully was telling everybody, 'come with me to beat up this fellow', if you dare critisize me I will make sure you never get any aid from me for a long time. Then the Big Bad Bully droppped every available bomb it had on the poor fellow after making sure the poor unfortunate victim's hands were firmly tied behind his back. No sense of sportsmanship eh?!!! But what the heck, thats the American way.

On a separate note have you seen the latest the evil mooseman had published about his ideas. I wonder! He says he does not believe in a book converting people. If he does not believe in a book (The whole world is devidedbetween Muslims and Christians who came about through ideas from two books) converting people where is this great plan of his going? The lad sadly is not too sure of his own ideas so I am out of here. I need to find serious minded people to save the world from the likes of the CIA, George Bush, Usama Bin Laden and Sharon de Israel.

The UK ruled the world for 400 years and was never hated by anybody. They were so much loved that when they were threatened by their neighbours the rest of the world rushed to their assistance.
    Like the zulu nation. spain, france. etc. The U.K. had very few friends during its imperialism. (small side note, many small nations where better off under the U.K.'s rule)

When a large power did assist the U.K. it wasn't out of love, it was out of mutaul hatred of the U.K.'s enemy.

TallGuy and henry38 you talk the talk but Evilmoose is walking the walk!!! Ideas and discussion are fine , to a point,(I am enjoying your debate) but action is what brings change.
    Evilmoose seems to be taking his personal responsibility into his own hands in order to bring about a possitive change. This alone deserves some credit. If everybody took back their own personal responsibiblty instead of letting corrupt politicians babysit us the world might actually be a better place.

Sign me up moose. I admire your honesty and your conviction.
    [Edited by gr0ver on 04-24-2002 at 02:41 PM]

Originally posted by gr0ver
    TallGuy and henry38 you talk the talk but Evilmoose is walking the walk!!! Ideas and discussion are fine , to a point,(I am enjoying your debate) but action is what brings change.
    I have yet to see a course of action outlined.

The UK ruled the world for 400 years and was never hated by anybody. They were so much loved that when they were threatened by their neighbours the rest of the world rushed to their assistance.
    Like the zulu nation. spain, france. etc. The U.K. had very few friends during its imperialism. (small side note, many small nations where better off under the U.K.'s rule)

When a large power did assist the U.K. it wasn't out of love, it was out of mutaul hatred of the U.K.'s enemy.
    I was refering to countries that were under British control. The UK never ruled Spain or France. If these Nations hated UK imperialism it was purely out of jealousy. These jealousy was so great that it led to the bond of 1844 when the European powers carved out the rest of the world among themselves to maintain peace. Even this was not enough and the avarice led to the first World War.
    What you have to ask yourself is how the colonies felt about Britain. They ruled for 400 years and you did not hear anyone refer to them as the spawn of Satan as the Muslim world (former colonies) love to refer to the Americans. I am not here to poke fun at the USA but some of us strongly believe that the US could learn a lot from British sense of fairplay and sportsmanship.
    As for the Zulus one wonders whether they know what is good for them if it hit them in the face. if you recall at the end of apartheid they did not even have the sense to set aside their petty squables and unite behind Nelson Mandela for a peaceful transition of power.

Countries like Canada and Australia, South Africa came to the aid of the British during the war through no arm twisting but out of love. So did India and all the other colonies. If you think Americans did not support the British out of love, who am I to argue.

FK Resident Amazon

If you think Americans did not support the British out of love, who am I to argue.
    there's only 2 reasons america ultimately supports anybody to that extent sadly, and those would be money and power.

america doesn't even support its own people out of love.

Originally posted by gr0ver
    I have yet to see a course of action outlined.

I concur .........(ABSOLUTELY)!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Chelle2008
    If you think Americans did not support the British out of love, who am I to argue.
    there's only 2 reasons america ultimately supports anybody to that extent sadly, and those would be money and power.

Very well put. I applaude your honesty. Wake up Americans. Your government even uses you its citizens for evil experiments and still you say nothing. Start asking questions and you will find the rest of the world is with you against the evil organizations that operate from within with your taxpayers money.

O.k. I'm not going to waist my time argueing with Henry the Eighth. (Northern Ireland really seemed to love England. The colonies relovted agianst England. The zulus attacked the english starting in the 1800s, I think Argentina is still a little pissed about the faulklands.). Yes england probably did more to end slavery than any other country.

I have freedom in the U.S(well I'm over taxed for BS programs and laws). That is a gift greater than anything I can imagine. The freedom to support myself. The freedom to come from meager beginings to where I am now.

I would like to hear of a country that supports others out of love. The U.S. gave tons of free support during both world wars before joining.

$7000000000 a year in huminatian aid.

FK Resident Amazon

I have freedom in the U.S. That is a gift greater than anything I can imagine. The freedom to support myself. The freedom to come from meager beginings to where I am now.

I would like to hear of a country that supports others out of love.
    very good point... and so would I.

FK Resident Amazon

The U.S. gave tons of free support during both world wars before joining.

war is one of america's oldest businesses.

The U.S. gave tons of free support during both world wars before joining.

war is one of america's oldest businesses.
    The recently found a Neaderthal skull that had been fractured with a weapon.