dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: unloadsound? vs. StopAllSounds

Cool

Hi...first of all I know about the flash player 6 bug so this is kind of a general question for when they fix it! I'm triggering 10 mp3's located on a server from buttons in the flash movie. Here's the thing....I've added a "stopallsounds" command to all the buttons to stop other mp3's from playing when the user hit a new song button. Will the "stopallsounds" also stop the playing mp3 from continue to load or will it just kill the actual sound (Audio). I'm wondering if I should add some kind of "unloadsound" command.......if there even is such a thing? I'mean there is a unloadmovie so it would be logical to have a unloadsound as well? Hmmmm......Anyway I just wanna make sure that the mp3's don't load in the background and eat up all the bandwidth? Thanks much...!

stopAllsounds should work fine. To make sure, you can always set your action on the button to stop all sounds and then create a mvi clip that holds 10 frames (one frame per each sound) and use a with command to have the mvi clip jump to the frame containing the respective sound and a stop action after youve stopped all sounds. Or not. =p