A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: what do you think of this game??? (part of a rpg)

Heya luitjes (Dutch for people)

What do you think of this?
    It's FAR from finisd (I just started it) It will be a maze you will need to escape from.. pleaze don't tell me it's full of bug's becauze I know that.. just let em know what you think of the idea. (When you run into an enemy it will go to a fight mode in which you can use your items/weapons, but I didn't start on that part yet.. so for now you can just click on a badguy to defeet them --- the bad guy is the best part of this mini demo )

http://members.lycos.nl/liallan/test.html

Interesting game Nice work though. One thing that i didnt understand was the collision... like i could walk into a room, but i couldnt walk out... kinda odd... als, how do i use my ice sword? Also, clicking on the doors and chests is somewhat odd, perhaps some keyboard key could do it, so you dont have to play with both the mouse and keyboard? One more thing, i found a ba guy, clicked on him and im not sure what happened, he was just gone... Did i do somthing wrong? Anyhow, good game, looks nice!!

Ely

I like it
    Might be very interesting, when finished.

Flash Developer on a break
    Hoi, hoe is ie? (Dutch for Liallan)

Looks nice Liallan. Very nice graphics. You make them yourself?

The enemy, you mean the white sphere? The game didn't started in some fight mode. When I clicked on it, it just disappeared.

A few ideas for the final game: Try to put more variance into each chamber. It's now more a 'walk through this corridor, then through that one'. Also, your walking sounds is kewl, but you might add some kewl background sound. Or else the walking sounds might get to your nerves.

me

the usual
    thets a real great start -

i like the graphics too!

Nice start!

Graphics are very nice. Just add a bit more variation as someone pointed out!
    Might I suggest that doors activate by walking into them? Clicking door after door can get tedious after a while.
    If you still want them to activate by clicking I suggest you enable walking by clicking too, like in Diablo or BG.
    Since you see everything from above rotation won't be a problem.

Btw, I visited your website. Very nice work!
    But I'd have to say Feist's Serpentwar Saga is better than Krondor. If I don't remember wrong, Krondor kinda felt like it was based around a game (which it was).

Oh well, good luck with the game!

yeah... impressive.

a word of advice. i know is only just started but try to come up with an idea/concept that will make it original/addictive to play, as i m sure its not going to be as gripping as final fantasy, graphics/story wise. not a criticism- as i said im impressed, but maybe a novel battle system or some online multiplayer thing. [i have no idea if thats possible]. keep up the good work.

i dont get it.. i cant find the bad guy!

wow thanx for all your replies!

Just to answer some questions:

I'll be working on the variation, I also got wouden floors and diffrent rooms (yes I made the graphs. myself) The bad guy mode has to be built yet (let u know when it's online) that's when you can use the sword an other stuff. I'm working on the back ground sounds right now to add a bit more athmosphere to it. There will be a story to.. If u like I can post a short version here. It's just one level of a game (the 2nd) when I updated you can also open doors with Enter, but when I was testing enter would skip a part of the game, so I'm working on that too.

anyway, the story of this level in short is, you've been captured, you set your room on fire, the gaurd comes in, you kill the guard and then you get the hell out of the maze..... becauze it's on fire (so the game will be on time) that's also the reazon why you can't walk back... it would be like killing yourself

don't you just love the white sphere??

Greetz Li

incredibulus-actionscriptum magnetos's Avatar
    hey oooooh ooooooh hey...oooohh. (that's italian for what's going on here?)

love the graphics liallan

like elixia said there is no need to use the mouse to open doors and treasure chests just use the old and infamous hitTest method it will look and feel much better

look forward to see the game completed (who knows maybe you will acatually finish it )

cia

magnetos -You're italian?

Liallan, I wonder.. What program do you use to make your grpahics?

photoshop..... I love photoshop...... photoshop's my baby

If you like compliments: You're pretty good with it..

thanx *blushes*

All the good ones were taken JR_Ewing's Avatar
    Verry nice game. I love mazes even though some sort of map would be nice, at least of where you've been. I also looked at your site and you had some really good stuff there.
    Looking foreward to the finished game.

I could make a map... but you cant co back most of the time... Iwould make it easier too... wel just have to make the batles a litle harder

Thanx for the comlpi about my site btw. I hate the design right now.. I'm moving it to a better host, and going to redesign/built it ad some new sections and stuff.... I'll be bussy I think

Smile

Hi, nice work. How do you do to reconize when you press two arrows at same time and it walk diagonal...

Please I need help with that...

Hey very nice, Love the graphics and engine and everything really!

I wou;d just suggest that you mayeb make some sorta fire on the walls sometimes or something like glowing behind you to show thatnthere is a fire coming.

just a suggestion

Keep up the sweet work!