A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Displaying contents of an MS Access Database

I read that it is possible but after searching and searching... I can't find anything that will just display the contents of an Access database in the way I want.
    not just one entry at a time but a full table on one page that I can scroll down to read.

Anyone know how to do it?
    I need help... PLEASE :>

Will it be possible to read from a different table in the same database by clicking on different links eg. below.?

I am new to MX so be kind

I have one MS Access file with 2 tables in it, one is music and the other is films.
    In the website if you click on the button for music it displays the contents of my music collection (the music table).
    If you click on the films button it displayes my DVD and VHS collection (the films table).
    Sounds easy but without the knowledge it is impossible.

Kind Regards: Aaron.

President, save the
    New Zealand dollar foundation

you can't do this directly from Flash.
    You require middleware: asp I think for access.
    Does your host provide microsoft database and application server support?

Developer
    The Bluegrass State Will Flash For Food ™
    Originally posted by sonwah
    you can't do this directly from Flash.
    You require middleware: asp I think for access.
    Does your host provide microsoft database and application server support?
    right... you need coldfusion/active server pages (some otherstuff might work too) to talk with the database. you probably know that much already.
    you then need to get information from a page that gets the data from the database. there is where i have no idea how to proceed, so i'll shut up now.

Smile

Thanks... I have an asp one working but it won't display the entire contents of one table or allow me to access a different table in the same database

Arckid - Curving the Web
    wait for some days ... mm will realease something for you ... which will make enable to direct connect with database and other application servers. you also can use .net and webSphere like application servers.

Smile

Weeee.... great, thanks for the help

I dont' know about the whole wait for a fix from macromedia thing. But i have an example of a search engine i've created using an ms access table and ASP. Check it out and tell me if it's what you're looking for...

http://www.1autumn.com/wpginc/wpg.htm

look under the "directory" section and try it out.

...About the MM release of table solutions... please tell me more information about that.

III@1autumn.com

Arckid - Curving the Web
    toooo slow.

you can use PHP for the fastest connection and searching for the database and can generate the text file and can load the variables from it.

but in future MM will realease native API support for ASP, CF and may be for PHP too.