A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rex Hobart site. What do you think?

Hi everyone. I've been working on a site for an alternative country band called Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys from Kansas City. The site is pretty much finished except that I plan on creating my own "Merchandise" page instead of just linking to their labels site.

Let me know what you think. Comments/Suggestion please. Thanks.

http://www.rexhobart.com

Ive been downloading the site for a while & all Ive got is the menu... I think it needs a pre-loader.... The menu looks nice though!

FYI... Im on 33.6 modem

Hmmm....I'm sorry you had to wait Askari. There actually is a preloader for each section so I don't know why you didn't see it. Each link is only about 90kb. I guess I forgot what a dial-up connection was like. Thanks for checking it out though.

i was about to type EEWWW change music! but then i noticed what the site was dedicated to...
    but anyway great site!

LOL! Yeah, it's a country band site so there's going to be........COUNTRY MUSIC! Thanks for the feedback though PhYrE ArMs. Please keep the comments coming. Thanks.

I think the design is great - nice clean layout and navigation, good colors. The pre-loader needs adjustment; I had the same issue with the preloader getting stuck in various areas in the site. Nice work.

the background took a long time to load. Probably want to bust open some photoshop and clean up the photos.
    Any design with bad photography is reflects poorly on the design.

I'm stumped as to what you guys mean when you say the preloader is getting stuck. Please let me know in more detail so I can fix whatever problem there may be.

So the photos look bad renji69? I think I set them to "Normal" quality setting when I exported them from Photoshop, so I don't know why they look bad. They look pretty good on both the computer screens I work with. If anyone else sees the quality being below average on the photos, let me know. Thanks so much guys.

hi there,
    got the menu, and the image on the right ... only the contact button worked!

Cheers
    G
    ps could u take a look at my post
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=299253

That's weird glasjazz. I've never heard of anyone having that problem. What kind of internet connection are you on? Did anyone else have this problem?

slow processor, fast connection ...

Its the background image! stopped everything - couldnt load any of the sections untill the 'map' had loaded (about 5 mins!) - not an integral part of the site design, perhaps stick it into an image cruncher (www.spinwave.com) reduce its size - what u think?

anyway, waited and got into the site - For me, this is a TOP site! I like its simplicity, its easy to use, the colours are clean and all mix well ! After the initial delay, everything loaded fine and fast - I like the simple effex on the site - eg the way the images slide down, the way the content boxes on the bio page slide in ... etc ... nice and easy, shows how a little movement can greatly enhance the feel of a site !
    I like it all ! the only things I would look at (and this is being super picky!) would be the likes of moving the image in the top right corner about 1 or 2 pixels to the right - in the bio section, would move the content up a couple of pixels so that the light blue gap at the top is slightly less than at the bottom - told u it was picky!
    Its a great site, loads of originality and personality - nice effex, nice graphix, fast and smooth

All looking good!

Cheers and good luck
    G

FK Lover
    very organised, not simplistic but nice and clean

good work

The graphics look fine on my 1280x1024. Also the preloading issue seems to have gone away. Curious. I noticed a bug: the preloading bar stays put when you click on a different song in the Juke Box then close it right away.

What I meant by the photos is not compression related...I am talking about color correction.

Yeah, I noticed the Jukebox preloader bug as well Joost_5. I think I know how to fix it, so I'll definitely work on that. It all get a little confusing because I load so many SWF's that I lose track sometimes. LOL!

I understand what you mean now Renji69. What kind of color correction do the photos need? Is it just the colors or is it brightness/contrast as well? Please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to check out the site and writing a comment.

Flashkit's personal pest flashpest's Avatar
    Like it. Swift motion and crisp graphics and text. I bet your client is happy. I like to see clean work and easy navigation. Cryptic is out. Now if I liked country music you would get an even better opinion from me.

I like what u have. I like the inko style type o' sites.. great work.

like it...

Not really sure it had to be flash is all...html with some dhtml might have been faster and easier...

What's the temperature dude?
    Nice site, simple navigation and clean layout, but the background map picture took awhile to load, and the song is pretty matching..... Good work!

Love the jukebox, the colors of the flash itself lend themselves to the background too well, maybe use a 1pt green line around the whole thing so it pops out a little bit.

Originally posted by JJCruz77
    Hi everyone. I've been working on a site for an alternative country band called Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys from Kansas City. The site is pretty much finished except that I plan on creating my own "Merchandise" page instead of just linking to their labels site.

Let me know what you think. Comments/Suggestion please. Thanks.

http://www.rexhobart.com