A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HEY JELVE - LOOK AT THIS! EVERY FLASHERS OPINION NEEDED

Smile Ideas Ideas Ideas!

phooka: 250 in a zip file wouldn't be too hard on anybody's e-mail program

cion: [beep]ing great footer - funny as hell!

StuartW: great idea with the music - give us some more details!

evade: yes I am. Someone earlier in this thread called people "my evil minions or followers"

Thanks everybody! I'll also keep you posted on any further developments in the new URL - I'll be relaseing the name as soon as all the legal mumbo jumbo is out of the way.

Thanks!

Diaper Changer

Originally posted by StuartW
    I watched this thing on VJing in London, New York and Tokyo last night.

Hey that's spawned another idea, maybe us muso types such as myself, could write some music and then others could create Flash visuals along to the music, maybe we could get some actual VJ's involved?
    I endorse anything of this nature... and hey stu... your footer gets my vote for both footer and site of the week...... lol

Originally posted by BaByHugH

I endorse anything of this nature... and hey stu... your footer gets my vote for both footer and site of the week...... lol
    I shall call it 'Mini Me'!

Smile Footer

Maybe we should have footer remixes? LOL

Diaper Changer

Re: Footer

Originally posted by The Evil Mika-El Vance
    Maybe we should have footer remixes? LOL
    Yeah Mika... lets add that to the list too Load Napster partner.... we need to chat a bit... how's the site going?

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar

to Baby...

[swf width="200" height="200" background="#000000"]
    http://www11.ewebcity.com/phooka/prove.swf[/swf]

just doin my homework...

Smile Chatting.........

BabyHugh: Nah man - load AIM - it's much easier and no stupid rooms!

phooka: great start - but it's just a rollover....

As for everybody else - I guess we should start on rockWildaz!

Diaper Changer

Like WOW... that's like a great little start there

Go phooka wooka GOOO!!!

Oopps... I said Napster... due to the fact that I had just replied to a Napster post in the lounge. I meant ICQ..... lol

[Edited by BaByHugH on 09-29-2000 at 04:08 PM]

Smile ICQ

ICQ Sucks! Get AIM! AIM ALL THE WAY BABY! I did install it ICQ and never found you remember?

cool idea- here are some thoughts:

doing a good remix of sites would take a while. finding people willing to put in time may be hard (or maybe not..)

i wouldn't make giving out someone's fla mandatory for the sites to be mixed: there are some people who would love to re-mix but wouldn't love to give out their codes.

would this be something that happens every week, month, etc? or whenever the 'project' is finished. it's just that having to re-mix sites every week may be tiresome and as said before time-consuming.

there are some thoughts from one end of the specturm. if you get it going, i think it will be an excellent feature.

best of luck!

I like the idea.
    Never seen one of those sites before, but it could work out. Keep in mind though that critique is very personal, and that others might not like the design you come up with.

Another great tip for FK to come out with.
    Keep it up Evil-Boy

2Design

I'm re-doing my site http://www.geocities.com/plunkettdzine and I would be willing to give up my old fla to see what you guys could come up with.

Smile Replies, Replies, Replies.....

Great ideas and feedback everybody!

stevietat2: you made a great point with the time frame and the FLA trading. And I agreee with you 100% on the FLA trading. Many peopl are very protective of their code. That is why I suggested that we do not trade code only remix the design to your own liking. However, anybody that is willing to release their code is free to do so. But some FLA's are really large! Biotech Designs is a 3MB FLA - not very 56K bandwidth friendly. But people are free to do either or.

As for the time frame - a month would be good. And like I said before - nothing special. Just a one or to scene mockup. Not a lot of work. I don't want a complete redesign!

2 Design: I agree with you too critique is very personal. And some peopel may not like the design that others come up with. But that's life - what can you do? No one said that the creator had to like the remixes. It's all done in the name of fun, Flash and design. Many people might not share this passion - but it is in my blood.

zplunk: How large is your FLA? You broadband bastards should have no problem trading files if you choose to.

I know in music you don't even need a whole song to do a remix. Some artists just send others samples to do what they want with and then they throw that persons remix on the flip-side of their 12". Alot of people bust out remixes for others w/o even hearing the original. The things that connect them and make it a remix are similar synth lines, drum samples, or vocal samples.

I think in flash to do a remix it could be the same. If say you are into the remix idea but don't want to send your whole FLA out there (which is undestandable) or you are on 28.8k (god forbid) you can still get by with just sending say a copy of all (or the cool ones anyhow) the symbols and clips in your library. I think that would be more than enough material for somebody's remix. They could use what they want and then add their own funk to it.

Thats my 2 cents worth.

I'd love to see it...

Smile great

treerunner: fantastic! I love it! We'll use it!

I still don't know if there is a definitive site to work on for this month... I just did this for BabyHug as a laugh. Of course,

i hereby declare that:

- the original eminem pic belongs to BabyHug.
    - the baby replica, since is basically a copy of BabyHug style, is considered to be BabyHug intellectual property as well.

Just in case BH decided to send his Baby advocates to my humble house...

But if we finally decide that BabyHug site is the one, I've just started...

Time? You can't invest as much time as you want. Changing a few pics could do the trick in a few 4-5 hours time. Changing a whole fla could take ages, but it would be more rewarding for learning purposes... However, I am quite happy even if the fla is not available...

More info about the final decision from great Mika? And participants? Cause I don't wanna be the only one doing a remix if there's not gonna be any more people involved!

Smile Remix

I'll do a remix of rockwildaz too.

Cool then, that's two of us in the job... any more appliants?

I really wanna see how RW gets futuristic under Mika's BioTech point of view!!!

i wouldn't mind getting in on the action. Count me in for RockWildaz also.

TOTAL REQUEST --- TOTAL REQUEST

In order to do my project (codename: FlashBabaZ) I would need some photos of everyone involved in this project, but photos of you when you were between 0-2 years old (little toddlers...

Please, BabyHug, Mika and everyone, could you send me pics to webmaster@phooka.net
    That would be greeeat. Thanx!