dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash search engine

Hybrid View

Smile

can anyone plz send me some file through which i can learn creating search engine in flash.

You could splash out and buy the Friends of Ed book 'Flash 5 Dynamic Content Studio' - tells you all about it.

I have tried this, and although the book is excellent in most other areas, it only provides a string search, ie it returns a list of instances but no way to go to them, is there a way to add details such as the instancename of the movie that the returned string was located, so as to add links within the search results to gotoAndPlay the desired section of the flash movie?

The only way I can think of doing it is by seperating the fla file into scenes for each searchable section, and splitting the database into similar areas, finding out which record the string was found, and attaching a command to the returned string using asfunction : link to then pass this into an html field. I am in the process of trying this.

Am I making sense? any ideas?

Smile

i cannot do that. its very hectic to divide the whole movie into smaller parts and then passing the values.

i would be happy to get some file

cheers!!!