A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I pause a scene?

After I create my scene with various text objects that slide into place, how do I get it to pause for say, 10 frames before continuing to the next scene?

UNified
    Hi, simply leave as many "empty" frames as will cover the desired pause period.

If your movie speed it 20 FPS (frames per second) and you want a 2 second pause, leave 40 empty frames, before your Goto scene or next activity.

Jofta

Thanks

Sorry to sound like such a newbie but how do I insert frames at the end of my last effect?

If I right click and choose Insert Frame, nothing happens.

I just want some deadspace after my last effect.

UNified
    Hi, Im assuming you have v.2 swish. at the end of your last action, you most likely have a STOP or GOTO command in your scene line. Simply drag that as many frames to the right as you think is required. Simply click on it hold your button down and drag .

If you have v1.5 I seem to remember that you type in the number of extra frames and put your scene line action at the end frame.

Jofta

Also, if you want a pause between effect in the middle of your movie/scene (instead of at the end of a movie/scene) you can click on the scene row and move the frame selcter between the effects you are seperating and you can hit f5 to insert frames. Doing this will push all the effects to the right for however many frames you enter (er, as many times as you hit f5). Its quick and easy.