A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash shooting game help..

I want to know how to make a basic shooting game... like targeting different parts of the body and blood effects..

Elvis...who tha f**k is Elvis? phreax's Avatar
    Well, that's good to know. I am sure everyone looks forward to the finished game Good luck with it...

Flash Developer on a break
    If I were you I would try to find something usefull in the Flashkit Movies and Tutorials section..
    jeroen

the usual
    Originally posted by flash_nerd
    thanks for your help guys, it helped me out a WHOLE LOT
    i think you should keep the sarcasm down to a minimum, you are basically asking for there guys to make you a hame, how about you learn the basics try to make the game and if you really get stuck ask for help?

Someone Help him!plz

I don't blame the nerd! how is he supose to learn? have u guys even tried to help him uh no

ok Nerd just to start out as did i
    make a movie clip by drawing your target n highlighting it and hit Ctrl 8 or going up to Insert and Convert to symbol

Make a Keyframe in frame 2

Draw your guy Dead in frame2

Go back to frame 1 and select your Target add the following

on(release){
    gotoAndStop(2);
    }

Dubble click on frame 1 and add a stop ();
    then test it out remember to start out small and maybe add a counter of how many guys you have killed or a crossbar

hope that helped

thanks man... i finally got a real reply

no problem .. lemme know how the game turns out :d

I think the point they are making is that it comes across as rude to ask someone to complete their project for them from step one to step X.

I've found this forum very useful for every problem I've encountered so far. But I refrain from posting until I have a specific question about the current coding problem I'm having.

Right..... ya so anyways the dude's not trying to get me to complete his whole game he just wants a start at it.. if i hadn't started him off who would? the sarcastic peeps on here that won't help??? ne ways good luck n i do see where other people r coming from but seeing is learning

Flash Developer on a break
    It would be better if he first learns the basics of a shooting game in the tutorials or something, he learns more from those then to just get a piece of code.

After that he could start the discussion about targeting multiple bodyparts.

He, he...sorry...I was in a good mood when I wrote it, and it wasn't formed as a question, so I just made a bad joke...didn't mean to hurt nobody!?

A lot of people come to this forum, and ask the questions like, how do I make a game like Quake (yeah ok, I'm exaggerating), and even more ask the question in a very rude manner! I simply think (or hope) that this is just due to bad english but honestly I don't feel like putting a lot of work into helping someone who doesn't seem thankful!

As I hope you have noticed both Jeroen and myself do all we can to help on this forum, so let's just forget about this!

There are still too many asking the same question week after week, when they could just dig a little in the forums and find the answer! So 2 things that newbies should know when they start up, is first of all to search the forums, tutorials and movies before asking, and when asking try to make it perfectly clear exactly what your problem is, and do not ask for a whole game!

Enough of this...let's go help some people

BTW did you notice that all threads have been replied for ages now?! That's a pretty good statistic! I remember a time where you were lucky to get a reply here!

i guess ur right but someone could of game him what to search or where to start off

Yup yup, and usually I would have...I was just in that really annoying mood

the usual
    RedAbode

Right..... ya so anyways the dude's not trying to get me to complete his whole game he just wants a start at it.. if i hadn't started him off who would? the sarcastic peeps on here that won't help??? ne ways good luck n i do see where other people r coming from but seeing is learning
    sorry, but do you want a gold medal for offering advice first?, as an active member of flashkit people also rely on your input too not just the people who help others out the most (jeroen84, phreax and i would put myself on that list too).

the sarcastic peeps on here that won't help???
    yeah thats right we never help anyone out you'll find us involved in as many threads that we can help in, and may i add - i don't think that in the last 800-900 posts i have made i have started more than 10 actionscript questions, this is because i will work at my problem for 30-60 minutes before either searcing the archives on flashkit, were-here, ultrashockm, flashcoders or the movies section. its always in your best interest at the end of the day as you will never learn actionscript

i totally agree with the comments that HITdrumHARD and jeroen84 made, i usually go out of my way to help others (if i can) don't forget we are all still learning flash and sometimes even the guys who help out others don't know the answers to the question.

Sombody did say to look in the tutorials. Also, it was a very general question. And, I agree with who ever said about you should learn.

flash_nerd, whenever you have a specific question, come right back and post it, and we'll happily answer it for you, no hard feelings (we are rather judmental at times).