A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLASH AND PH6 problem

Big Boi
    I have this problem
    I made something ina Photoshop 6 and i wanto to export it as EPS so i can import it in flash and use it as vector image. It is some edited word, but when i try to import it i just cannot do that, what to do?? It reports always some errors.

I don't think F;ash can import EPS, or at least a PS EPS file. You could try File-Export-Paths to Illustrator

Or if it is just test redo it in Illusrator and save the file as an ai. Then import it into Flash.

Big Boi
    but the this stupid program has that option, import EPS, for what is it if it cannot import it, ok thnanx on suggestion

Note that I said EPS from Photoshop. You most likey wouldn't have the same problem withan EPS from Illustrator or Freehand.

Honestly it's always best if you use the right program for what you need. If you want a vector image do it in a vector app. If you want a pixel based image do it in Photoshop.

heh...

a photoshop "Eps" isnt exactly a "eps"

the only thing it can export at the "paths"

nothing else.

;D

Big Boi
    ok just to ask once more, what could be then the simplest way to bring something from PH6 to flash 5 but being a vector not bitmap?

Honestly I would just use TRace Bitmap in Flash. I use Streamline myself. Or you try this freeware converter:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/softsoft/wintopo/index.htm

I usually import it as an Iluustrator (ai) file version 7.

Big Boi
    You know what, i tried also with AI and no, luck, finally i installed FLASH MX and used some good tools there like, distort and made that thing by my self, luckly it was just some word, that i had in gif, so i recreated it. I am still asking my self and others :-), can i somehow export some gif, with some format that could later be imported in flash as a vector?? i really need that sometimes, traceing files isnt a good solution, at least for now, because tracing gif , resluts in big files, and if i optimize and or use options for smaller details in tracing, it just isnt good enough, it becomes ugly in fact. Ok I know i am not good at tracing but i tried several combinations and nothing. How should i set up tracing options?? let say i have a gif that is mostly blue??