A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LOGO IDEAS

Hi guys! I need some help to decide on our company logo. We have been through tons of designs, but are not convinced yet. I am not sure whether to use a funky, trendy or modern look or a more serious neutral look. The company offers ALL Design services available and specializes in web and online/offline marketing. Our future plans are to evolve into an integrated advertising agency.

With that said, the name of the company is fullride. For full-integration, full-service and full-power. We thought some ideas with a roller coaster (flash intro), a driving wheel (for logo icon) and other simple and emotive things. Any idea for this is SUPER welcomed. The name can be written in caps, in the case anyone wants to try some ideas. The rest of the name or the text below the LOGO reads, "creative design group". We offer intelligent design that sells effectively and creative ideas that will swipe people off their feet.

I wanted to have the name plus some icon so I could use both elements for designing and alternating in my company collaterals.

I will really appreciate any ideas or suggestions on this.

You ALL understand the toughest decision is to decide on yourself. THANKS!

Jorge.

This are some of my ideas:

http://www.fullridemedia.com/ideas/logos.htm

Originally posted by jorgefusaro
    We offer intelligent design that sells effectively and creative ideas that will swipe people off their feet.
    Hmmm... Your group offers this, this ability to swipe people off their feet, and you can't decide on a proper image/identity for yourselves that will swipe people off their feet? Surely you as well can grin at the irony staring you down to collect you.

In all cases, though, I feel your dilemma. I studied Advertising in college and earned my BA in it. I'm not currently working in this area totally, but I know how that process goes-trying to decide on something that best communicates your message.

Can't think of anything outright.
    Just looked at your logos, I dig the color scheme, and I'm really liking the logo on the right column, second down. I think that looks the best of all of them. I was working on a site last year for myself with pretty much the same color scheme.
    The left column, second down: It might look cool to bring the vertical part of the F down a bit, then curve it sharply to the right, horizontal for just a bit, then have it end, with the text "creative design group" beginning just a bit to the right of that. kern the "fullride" type wider to accomodate for the wider aspect of the smaller text. Or, add the word "media" to that and do a similiar thing as above.

Just some ideas. Curious to see what you come up with. Feel free to send me an e-mail with any questions, chances are I'll start forgetting to check interesting posts, as I started a day job today and will no long be a lazy bum at home all day.

Take Care, good luck,

mg33

I like the first one. with the bold letters. that is
    sweet. I also like the right, 2 down one. (The one the
    previous user said he likes). Just an idea, why not use
    a few logos. My buddy has on his website 5 different logos
    that change each time you visit it. Your logos are pretty
    similar, the colour scheme is the same (and cool) so why
    not have a couple, and switch it up on the website and on
    whatever else you are digitally branding. For print,
    TV, whatever, use one or the other. (Pick it out of a hat)

Hope I have helped

Mike

Lengthy Member
    Originally posted by mcmcom
    Just an idea, why not use
    a few logos. My buddy has on his website 5 different logos
    that change each time you visit it. Your logos are pretty
    similar, the colour scheme is the same (and cool) so why
    not have a couple, and switch it up on the website and on
    whatever else you are digitally branding. For print,
    TV, whatever, use one or the other. (Pick it out of a hat)
    A good idea in theory, but in practice, it breaks Rule Number One of an effective marketing campaign: Consistency is key. How would you feel about buying a pair of Nike shoes with a star on them rather than a swoosh?

Enterfaze, you are right about that. Consistency is key to branding and a stable identity.

Mike thanks for the ideas, but that works better in newsletters orother mediums. If you decide to do that, the changes must be minimal. You shouldn't change the logo structure, but probably a word or a line / dot, etc.

mg33, thanks man, rough, but very good. I'll keep you updated of new changes!

Peace,
    Jorge

the one with the aeroplane/or whatever mark counting backwards it'll be the 4th..

is kinda cool.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    'I'm really liking the logo on the right column, second down. '

Me too! That is the best of them all. JUST ONE THING though, make the font weight heavier. Bold perhaps?
    Or perhaps the FULL in bold?

Nice Work.

I'm a suxer for an outline so I'll go with no1 on the right. :-) First and last (go little aeroplane thingy!)

I'd avoid putting anything on the blue or using gradiants, compared to the other stuff they look less... expansive.

But they're all pretty, colour scheme is top. I wish I could make that many logo's for any one job

And congrats to you mg33 for your new job.

Peace

Always keep it simple, it'll work more efficient!

second on the right...to be sure!

4th down on the left but with different colours, something bolder, or earthier if you prefer.

I think second one down on right. I too like the look of the colour scheme. However the dull yellow may be hard to read from a distance of used on outdoor signage.

Regards,
    Alan

i like the second one down on the left. simple. it means less hassle in the long run I reckon.

Some of the logos are cute, but I am not so sure.

Please can you not have an intro screen please. Can we start a campaign against them?!?

cool anyway

j

IS THE SECOND ONE DOWN ON THE RIGHT A SPERM!?!

funny hah hah

I like the laste one to the left... And the so calld "sperm" logo. Great job on evry logo BTW...

The ones incorporate circles are good, because they offer easy motion tweening in flash. Say your intro had the "play" triangle as a concept, and than it did a cirlce to form your logo. bad idea.. but you get what im saying?

i like the ones that use the circle.. because it looks really cool and slick when your logo kind of fits to your intro.