A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How did they do it

http://slava.podolsk.ru/flash/go.swf

Thought this was really cool. Kusco you got any ideas on where to start scripting something like this?
    Dkerr any suggestions on what properties would be usefull? This might be fun.

Definetely cool..............

-Jason

yes

Hi Bret,

Yep, I'm impressed. Javascript would be the order of the day here.

It's not that difficult to do. The only properties that I can see that it's using is rotation and acceleration. The rest is an illusion as the graphics themselves have been designed with a 3d look.

There is also the positioning and movement of the joints which requires javascript to provide the calculations. However, using an array with the expected results already processed would speed the entire process up quite a bit and make things a bit easier.

Anyway, I might just have a play myself and see what can be done.

Tried working this out using action script, for velocity and rotation(several images on a layer, layer following mouse, actions tied to layers motion), but the joint positioning was to say the least a little tricky. I got a stickman here with plenty of jointed limbs, if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

http://members.aol.com/lucky13thday/movie_789.movie

He's not much to look at, but hs all the required parts ready to go.

-Jason

Hmmm.. yeah - nice effect. As Kusco said, no reason why it can't be done in 3dfa - the different movements need to be pre-rendered to make it look 3d. i'd say the motion is a little physics engine - rotation and speed of the mouse movement would come into it.

In making a moving figure, have a look at the leonardo sample. the sample Brett's provide is the right idea, but it needs to be more layered according to joints. that is - the fot wont move when the leg its attached to moves, which it should.

thanks for the submission, tho - i'll see what we can do with it.

Regards