A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can someone show me how to do this???

Wink

I was wondering if anyone can show me the light? I need to draw a 3d soccer ball. Then I have to take that 3d ball and make it rotate. It goes to how the mouse moves. It will start rotating and then if the user goes over the ball it will measure how fast they went over the ball and make it spin faster. Anyone know what I mean? Any help will be well worth it. Thank you very much and have a great day!
    Chad R. Smith

-------www.designcmc.com--------
    "We know we are not the 'Flashiest' site but we can hold our own"

Hate to be the one to tell you but..........

Can't be done using 3dfa (not yet at least). In order to apply the movement of the mouse to a 3d object, that object has to have properties and 3d objects do not yet support the use of properties.

-Jason

The Flash plugin, unfortunately, does not support properties in real 3D objects - only pre-rendered 'pretend' ones. The way around this is to place the 3d object on a layer and apply velocity and acceleration to the layer. however, thats not going to do much to achieve your rotational effect - but - there might be another way.

The only alternative is a bit ugly, but it should work. If you have a set of Rotate 3D object events, each set to rotate at different speeds, and placed on different frames so that you can jump to that frame whenever you want. You could detect the speed of the mouse using MouseX values, and jump to the frame corresponding to speed you require.

Let us know how you go

Regards

Originally posted by dkerr
    The Flash plugin, unfortunately, does not support properties in real 3D objects - only pre-rendered 'pretend' ones. The way around this is to place the 3d object on a layer and apply velocity and acceleration to the layer. however, thats not going to do much to achieve your rotational effect - but - there might be another way.

The only alternative is a bit ugly, but it should work. If you have a set of Rotate 3D object events, each set to rotate at different speeds, and placed on different frames so that you can jump to that frame whenever you want. You could detect the speed of the mouse using MouseX values, and jump to the frame corresponding to speed you require.

Let us know how you go

Regards
    Ewww that's sounds painful.. Seems that would create a huge file. I'd look into rendering a animated gif in a 3d package then use that.