A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Prototype in the making... Is my idea sound....?

New(b) Member
    Or should I just scrap it? Lemme know what you think!

http://members.shaw.ca/unit00/dg/dg.html

What's the temperature dude?
    I like the mouseover effect for the "enter" and the hexagonal design, pretty kool....

i think its really nice, and you should use it. Maybe make it a little more graphical, a nice and lite background would help!

New(b) Member
    Ok, thanks for the background... I am also going to change the area from a square shape to a hexagonal shape... just to keep with the whole scheme...

yeah, the hexagon idea is pretty cool. i cant wait to see it with some content. keep us posted

New(b) Member
    Alright, its going a bit slow, but there are reasons...

I turned the rectangle into a hectagon, but I don't know which angle to have it at.... I am leaning (pun intended) towards Angle A, but if 892 people object, then chances are I'll change it... The reason its going so slow is because I had to change the white grid, as well as tidy it up (a lot of duplicate lines, bad angles, etc...) Anwyays, I'll add some sample content in the near future...

New(b) Member
    Aight, I set the angle, and I've added what will be a complete transition for the content area... I havea problem tho... How can I get the FPS up without totally butchering the animation? I have the default set to 40 fps.. Thanks for the criticism/help!