dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: exporting problems

I have recently been working on a short movie to familiarize myself with this very nice program. I have not yet registered, but I doubt that is the cause of my problem. I have finished my movie, and it plays perfectly in the 3dFA window, but when I export it or try to view it in a web browser, all I get are sounds and the background color. Are there some settings I must change, or do I need to do something else? Any help would be appreciated since I plan on registering this software and posting some movies on a site. Thanks.

If you post a link to the .movie file we may be able to look at the file and see if there is an error in the file itself.

But it sounds like an error in the Flash Plugin...I would go to Macromedia's Flash page and update your plug-ins then try again.

I just downloaded the most recent players and i can view other flash files perfectly fine. For exapmple, I can export a sample and view it in my browser just fine. When I try the same with my file it does not work. I hear sounds from the file and it seems to load just fine... the graphics appear to be having a problem.

I do not know how to post a link to my file other than froma site, that of which I don't have.

Hello lupus97068,

It seems more likely that you're trying to do something with your movie that is not supported outside of the preview window.

Could you be a little more specific about what is not showing? ie. a paint, text, editbox element? How are you trying to show them? What version of 3DFA are you using?

This info will help us help you more effectively.

I'm using the most recent version of 3dfa and all that is not displaying in my web browser is some text and the show elements that bring the text into position. I have many text effects for an intro (all displayed with show selected elements using transitions). Then I fall into a scrolling backgroun, but nothing displays before that anyways, and like I said, only text exists before the scrolling background. Sound is present the whole time, but from the very start, even the text elements are not being displayed.

Hello nukemagin,

This is a tough one. I would check the time (length of the movie) and make sure that it's not too short. Also, check that the elements you want to appear in front of the background come after (below) in the list of elements.

Failing that I can have a look at your movie but you'll need to e-mail it to me. If this doesn't bother you then my e-mail address is ebrown@syssoft.net.au. I'll then take a look and let you know if I find anything and send it back.

You may try cutting out element by element, exporting after each, to try and pin-point what is actually causing the problem, and go from there.

-Jason

Thanks guys. I'll try some of that stuff. Sounds logical

Here's the deal. If I delete my choose view element it all seems to work alright, except because I use the choose view to change backgrounds later, it hurts my movie itself. So I need the choose view element, but my movie won't play in a browser with it.

Also, 2 more questions:
    1.) Even when I do delete the choose view element, and re export it, i get funny lines through the text that does appear. Why?

2.) When I use the choose view element from within 3DFA browser itself and I attempt to change the background it will not work unless I have an image that is to be displayed. For example, if i use a choose view element with view 2 to be BackGround white and originally my background is black, the white background will not be displayed. To add to that, it will not display the entire 600x480 size unless the image placed is also large enough. It's hard to explain but it is quite annoying.

I may have a solution to your problem, I will need to see the movie though in order to check it. Scouts honor I won't steal anything from it.

You can get my email address from my site by clicking the footer below.

-Jason

same here

I'd be happy to look at as well but I on the other hand promise I'll use any cool ideas I see in there....

No really there are occasionally minor differences when exported, espcially if you do something unusual (like I do often) It's hard to tell where you've gone wrong with out lookin over the moive file.