dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Choosing .html or flash

Smile

What links should be place on the flash button and the .html button when starting a website which gives the visitor a choice between the two. I know it's going to be the index.html but should there be two on the server.

on your index page giver them the choice to pick HTML or FLASH. you can have these links goto any named page you want (ie. flashhome.htm or htmlhome.htm) or use a detector so if the user does not have flash it will goto the html site automaticlly

Thanks for your response. I'll give it a try.
    Originally posted by studiolion
    on your index page giver them the choice to pick HTML or FLASH. you can have these links goto any named page you want (ie. flashhome.htm or htmlhome.htm) or use a detector so if the user does not have flash it will goto the html site automaticlly

cool please let me know how you make put

Watch the 8.3 rule , dudes - most servers have problems with things like "flashhome.htm" cause it has 9.3 characters!

Smile

Meaning that most servers won't except more than eight characters, I presume.
    Originally posted by edec@
    Watch the 8.3 rule , dudes - most servers have problems with things like "flashhome.htm" cause it has 9.3 characters!