A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Centering A Website Within the Browser

Smile

I'm sure there's a simple solution to this, but when you publish a website in Flash how in the hell do get it not to appear in the upper left hand portion of the browser.

Thanks in advance. I know it's probably a stupid question.

centering

You can do this manually with html!

Just view the source of your code, and after the body tag,
    which looks like this "<body (it may have other stuff in here)>", just type: "<center>"

if you want it centered vertically, a bad but easy way to do this is do a few page breaks (after center type:"<br>" as many times as necessary). A more detailed way is to use tables, which I can quicky explain if you reply.

Perhaps you know this already, and are wanting Flash to do it itself for some reason? If not, this will work Champ.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'll set it up in HTML. Yes, I thought perhaps there was a way to do it within Flash but HTML will work. I know what you mean about vertical placement.

Hi. I would like to add a little question to this. It's probably stupid to ask this but how can I see "source of code"?? Do I have to have some kind of program to see the code? Or There is a way to see it in the actual Flash?? It would be great if you can teach me how.

flash code

are you talking about viewing the source code of the Flash file? Well if so, that's not really possible.