A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: which logo is the best???

hey guys,

i created some logos to replace the one on my site http://www.pcdsigns.com bc that logo is just not cutting it, i want to do some business cards and want to be able to use it on letter heads etc. and i think these logos are better for that. this also means that im going to have to redesign the site, im going to keep some features from the one that i have right now but im thinking that im going to do it in a vertical format instead of horizontally, for example the menu bar is going to be on the top of the page horizontally. and the colors of the site will be like the logos.

Anyway let me know which logo is the best or even if any of them r any good.

here's the link to see the logos

http://www.pcdsigns.com/logos.htm

thanks a lot

the first

Originally posted by pcgui2003
    hey guys,

i created some logos to replace the one on my site http://www.pcdsigns.com bc that logo is just not cutting it, i want to do some business cards and want to be able to use it on letter heads etc. and i think these logos are better for that. this also means that im going to have to redesign the site, im going to keep some features from the one that i have right now but im thinking that im going to do it in a vertical format instead of horizontally, for example the menu bar is going to be on the top of the page horizontally. and the colors of the site will be like the logos.

Anyway let me know which logo is the best or even if any of them r any good.

here's the link to see the logos

http://www.pcdsigns.com/logos.htm

thanks a lot

Go with the first one,
    don't use blurs or gradients, doesn't look good.

Ad astra per Flash
    might wanna try a blend of number one and two, put the "crosshair"-symbol in the o of "com". Or make it more visible than it is right now in the first example.
    And i agree with galalita, blurs and gradients doesnt look good.

cheers
    /b

hey guys thanks for ur responses

can u guys give me an idea on some good alternatives for the gradient..color for example or anything to replace that gradient??

hi

I prefer the 1st one - much cleaner !

a

Old dog learning new tricks

I'd choose the 2nd but with a solid color and the crosshair a little bit bigger.
    And of course the crosshair is a printing registration mark so if you're a web designer only, it's inappropriate.

:: SWiSH Junkie ::
    to me the last one looks good!

as a matter of fact all of them look good!
    but the last one's kinda cooler...

Re:

Visually, I like them all equally. But for a logo, I'd go for the second one. I gave them all the "quick glance" test, and the second one was easiest on the eyes, allowing me to catch exactly what it said with a quick glance, and it still looks very nice. If I were you i'd pick between 2 of them, 1 for your business cards etc, and 1 for show. Just a thought, good work.

-Ziele-

hey guys

im thinking of using 2 versions.... the second one on business cards and the 4th one for the website. what do u think?

agree or disagree?

and no i dont only do web i also do print design, which is why i used the crosshair

thanks for ur responses

I think the text on the first one stands out alot better. Also I wouldn't use different logos on different media, branding is all about being consistent.

Regards,
    Alan

hi

don't use gradients or blurs in logos because they don't photocopy- learnt that one the hard way!

i like the second one, but in solid colour. hey, is that a BMW logo ;-)

j

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

i-Think

No choice #2

Hi friend,

Is this the best U can come out , I have select #2.
    The target U put it too big, try not put the target behind the txt. Selection of typeface very weke! and colour no nice. I suggest redesign the logo, if not this logo will bring down Ur site. Good Luck.

Amiwai...

I am standing alone

I see many 1's and 2's but i really like number 3. NUmber too looks toocommon i ahve seen many designs with the o on .com. the other look as if they ahve too much. But thats m oppinion. Nice Designs.
    =)

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all ur responses. i appreciate the feedback. i have decided to stay with #2 bc it is the one that worked the best for me. fits well and looks good on the site. and it also looked good on the business card.

Again thanks everyone

resolved

second ..

of the ones you have i would choose #2 when designing a logo you should always think of how it would look in black and white, so 3 of the logos you've made would fail as a b/w identity because the text wouldn't be readable. But if this is a small web site its not a big deal. but im positive this is how the pros do it. and it should also work as a small 1 inch identity as well, so its possible the typeface you chose may not be readable when its smaller. also i wouldn't use gradients, its the easy way out of a problem and with the most cheesy look. Otherwise its pretty good, id work on the 2nd one - also maybe make an identity that tells the viewer about your business. for instance, you have a crosshair like the scope of a gun, but what does that have to do with Pc designs? maybe it has something to do with your business but an average person might not understand what you're communicating